C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any C6 owners change their minds after seeing the C7??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

From all the complaints about the rear of the C7, maybe GM will change it in the next year or so ... I'll wait
Old 08-05-2013, 03:29 PM
EvanD
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 155 Posts

Actually I'm waiting on just the right C4 to come up for sale...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
From all the complaints about the rear of the C7, maybe GM will change it in the next year or so ... I'll wait
If they did, it would show a real ear to the ground concern for the feedback from their customers.

I doubt that G.M. will be looking to start a new concept like that anytime soon!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:33 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

I haven't seen one in person yet either but how different can it really be? I mean,this is it so what's seeing it in person going to do?I thought it was ugly when I saw the reveal and I still think it's ugly! I don't drive technology,I drive cars. I could care less about it's ability to sense when the tires are cold and rev match and all that other video game stuff in the dash.The back lights aren't this cars only issues where looks are concerned and really,I don't care about those either.It's just a clusterf*** of parts thrown together in a hurry.Is it a Nissan??Is it a Viper?Who knows!! One thing I can say for sure is IT'S UGLY!all the techno babble in the world can't get passed that! I don't begrudge those who like it,have to have it etc etc..but it's not going to be in my garage anytime soon.My 13 GS will occupy that space until the cows come home or the c8 comes out.... Furthermore,I get the distinct impression that the makers of this car are trying to force me and the public to like it...kind of like the movie MIAMI VICE when it came out..the movie sucked and this car is UGLY!

Last edited by not08crmanymore; 08-05-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:36 PM
1BADLS3
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I was really on the fence about the C7 until now but after I saw it in person, sat in it, and after reading all the great reviews, I'm kinda getting the bug to get one.

However, I wont pay full price and would want to see every color and option in person so I could choose which one I want, so it's going to be awhile for sure. I'm still plenty happy with my C6 so it's not that big a deal to wait for a few years...

Any other C6 guys feeling this way.
I won't buy a 1st year of a new model, and I won't (can't) buy a brand new one. So, I figure I'll be buying a used 2015/16 in about 2018.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Nope
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
I haven't seen one in person yet either but how different can it really be? I mean,this is it so what's seeing it in person going to do?I thought it was ugly when I saw the reveal and I still think it's ugly! I don't drive technology,I drive cars. I could care less about it's ability to sense when the tires are cold and rev match and all that other video game stuff in the dash.The back lights aren't this cars only issues where looks are concerned and really,I don't care about those either.It's just a clusterf*** of parts thrown together in a hurry.Is it a Nissan??Is it a Viper?Who knows!! One thing I can say for sure is IT'S UGLY!all the techno babble in the world can't get passed that! I don't begrudge those who like it,have to have it etc etc..but it's not going to be in my garage anytime soon.My 13 GS will occupy that space until the cows come home or the c8 comes out.... Furthermore,I get the distinct impression that the makers of this car are trying to force me and the public to like it...kind of like the movie MIAMI VICE when it came out..the movie sucked and this car is UGLY!
It's way overdone. I can understand some exterior refinements and improvements to the seats and some other interior components, but the exterior didn't need a total make-over. It doesn't excite me.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I'll keep what I have. To me the 2013 looks great just the way it is.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM
bigwoofersnet
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw one in person, and immediately wanted it. They look awesome, I was also not a believer until I saw one and sat in one. I would do disgusting, illegal things for a AW Coupe.

BUT, unfortunately they will be out of my budget for a couple of years until they hit the used market. Plus, I want to see real world performance and see how they mod. Until then, I will probably continue to just build my current car like I'm keeping it.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:08 PM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by joec
Not till they come out with a wide body.....

With 4 round tail lights!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Old 08-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I guess the C7 proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's beautiful to me and I want one.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
Wrong forum. This is about the C7, which has its own forum.
I dont think this question would have many post in the C7 Forum...

They would already have a C7 their for the question would be pointless...

The question was intended for C6 owners who would most likely be found in the C6 section...

Just sayin... I think its in the correct forum.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Perhaps the styling will appeal to me when I see it in person, the photos make it look over-styled.

The C7 has many nice features, but GM seems to be taking it in a direction that I don't appreciate- longer, wider, heavier, over-styled and smaller side/rear windows...
It's 1968 all over again, when I decided to buy a used C2 instead of a new C3.

My opinion may change when I see and drive the real thing. Or not.

Last edited by Gearhead Jim; 08-05-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
tpapablo
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the c7 and will get one in a year or so. Didn't make a mistake on the C6, however. Have loved every minute of that car.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 78 Posts

I had planned on purchasing a C7 or C6 427 convertible and waited to make a move until the reveal show that I watched via the Internet. I've been a Corvette enthusiast since seeing my first '54 back when I was 8 years old and have really liked the looks of all Corvette iterations until I saw the C7. My wife and I purchased a C6 427 convertible.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore

Why sugar coat your feelings? Say what you really think!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boozman
I'll keep my Grand Sport
Roger that big time.

Get notified of new replies

To Any C6 owners change their minds after seeing the C7??????

Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
Well, I'll tell ya Randy, I have not yet had a chance to test drive one.

However, I do have an open mind. But, with that said, I'd have to be very impressed with the handling, as well as the appearance, etc., before I'd give up my '13 GS which I really love.

Not only that, I'd have to be willing to give up the classic body styling and signature Corvette rear end, and that will take some doing for me as well.

Also, I never buy anything released in it's first year of production. So, if I do go for a C7, it wouldn't be until next year for a 2015.
No doubt, the C7 has a tough act to follow. I still love my C6 and think it holds it own, but there's no doubt the C7 is going to be a great car too. I have to wonder though, if they could go back and redesign the back, would they? It's definitely it's weakest attribute IMO..

I will still enjoy my C6 for a few more years for sure and watch how everything pans out on the C7...
Old 08-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
No doubt, the C7 has a tough act to follow. I still love my C6 and think it holds it own, but there's no doubt the C7 is going to be a great car too. I have to wonder though, if they could go back and redesign the back, would they? It's definitely it's weakest attribute IMO..

I will still enjoy my C6 for a few more years for sure and watch how everything pans out on the C7...
Yup, I think you and I are in the same boat. I'm soooooo pleased with literally every aspect of my '13 GS, that's it's become a very tough act to follow. The C7 will have to really excite me, for me to give up my present car.

All the fancy new technology interests me very little. The C7 will have to be all about ride, interior comfort, and exterior appearance for me to consider a purchase.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Weely
I saw the C7 for the first time this past weekend. I like the exterior of the C6 better. The C7 interior was better than the C6 in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Any C6 owners change their minds after seeing the C7??????