C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

St. Louis area service

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 PM
SSBRITTSTL
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default St. Louis area service

Any positive recommendations for routine service (C-6) in St. Louis County (Mo.) ?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
fnbrowning
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 66 Posts

General Repair:
ELCO Chevrolet
Address: 15110 Manchester Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011
> I do all my own mods & maintenance, but if something was too complicated for me to handle, I'd go to Elco. They have a good reputation for professional service on Corvettes.

Tire installation & balance:
Firestone Complete Auto Care Store
Address: 12740 Olive Blvd, St Louis, MO 63141
>They have one of the top rated Hunter balance machines. The manager is an auto enthusiast, and is attentive to customer service.
>They installed my Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position Tires. They made sure I was aware they used a TPMS service kit, and were happy to honor my request to do the alignment to Pfadt Corvette Alignment Recommendations.

Auto Body & Paint:
Spanish Lake Body Shop http://www.spanishlakebodyshop.com/
1339 Dunn Rd , Saint Louis, MO 63138
>The owner, Kurt Pfitzner, is very conscioncious about the quality of their work. Spanish Lake Body Shop has done custom painting for the old Anheuser-Busch racing team.

Last edited by fnbrowning; 08-09-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: more complete explainations
Old 08-10-2013, 12:42 AM
RickMG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

A good friend of mine bought his car at Schroeder Motors in St. Charles and told me when I needed some work done to call them. I did when the harmonic balancer was chirping. I called Gary, the owner and he gave me a great quote to fix. Made the appointment and it was in and out the same day and did a great job.

Later I thought I had a bad belt tensioner and he gave me a quote range over the phone of what it would cost if it was either of the two (it depended on which one). Turned out it wasn't either when he got it and the entire bill was less than $100 to replace the belt that was causing the problem and a state inspection.

He's as honest as I've ever seen anyone, specializes in Corvettes and his labor rate is about half a dealers. Here's the website.

http://www.corvettecapital.com/

They are on the corner of Hwy 94 & Zumbeil Road next to the car wash. They share the same entrance.

Last edited by RickMG; 08-10-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Chad Barton
CBI Street Cars
314-952-9883

Nobody better in St. Louis to mess with a Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To St. Louis area service

Quick Reply: St. Louis area service