C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAM dual cai and quad power exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 07:17 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default MAM dual cai and quad power exhaust

Anyone have any experience or feedback on either the Midamerica Motorworks dual cone cold air intake, and or their quad power exhaust with x-pipe setup. Got an email from them yesterday,with those items mentioned as well as others, 10% off and doing installs at Carlisle as well. Got me thinking.......
Old 08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Cannot tell you about how it works for the C6, but I had that exact setup on my C5. First off the Duel air intake, will not really give you any real hp gain as it is not a true CAI system. you will see a little HP gain with the X-pipe and Quad Power exhaust system after all it will reduce some of the back pressure.
Now as fat as the sound, I think you will be happy with the exhaust as long as it works the same as the C5 system. It sounds great at WOP yet nice and no drone and at cruise.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BWF07
Cannot tell you about how it works for the C6, but I had that exact setup on my C5. First off the Duel air intake, will not really give you any real hp gain as it is not a true CAI system. you will see a little HP gain with the X-pipe and Quad Power exhaust system after all it will reduce some of the back pressure.
Now as fat as the sound, I think you will be happy with the exhaust as long as it works the same as the C5 system. It sounds great at WOP yet nice and no drone and at cruise.
Thanks for that reply. Ive been buying stuff from MAM since 1990,when I had my first 73 c3. Great people to deal with and top notch corvette accessories.

When I talked to their tech staff yesterday, they informed me that the quad power setup, is designed with the same specs and sound characteristics as the more expensive Corsa Sports, which MAM also sells.

As you mentioned, the sound at idle and acceleration is great, but no noticeable drone at low rpm cruise.Anything is better then the stock exhaust....
Old 05-21-2016, 05:25 PM
csteve300
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also want to know if the MAM Quad Power has Drone. Somebody must have one installed on a C6 Corvette?
Old 05-22-2016, 10:03 AM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by csteve300
I also want to know if the MAM Quad Power has Drone. Somebody must have one installed on a C6 Corvette?
When I got my C6 I had the quad power setup put on it at Carlisle by MAM. Quality unit, but drone too much for me especially at low rpms. Sold it to a fellow forum member and put on Corsa Sports and never looked back. No drone at all, and great sound.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:23 PM
csteve300
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good to know!

Originally Posted by hdkeno
When I got my C6 I had the quad power setup put on it at Carlisle by MAM. Quality unit, but drone too much for me especially at low rpms. Sold it to a fellow forum member and put on Corsa Sports and never looked back. No drone at all, and great sound.
Thanks that is what I needed to know!

Get notified of new replies

To MAM dual cai and quad power exhaust

Quick Reply: MAM dual cai and quad power exhaust