C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9500ix and laser detecting

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Default 9500ix and laser detecting

Looking for those that have this device and would like to know how it does with Lidar, especially mounted on the mirror. I know laser has a very small beam and usually shoot at the front lights or plates. Ive read reviews where guys have never got a notice for the Lidar and got tickets. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Mine works just fine with laser alerts.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:29 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
Looking for those that have this device and would like to know how it does with Lidar, especially mounted on the mirror. I know laser has a very small beam and usually shoot at the front lights or plates. Ive read reviews where guys have never got a notice for the Lidar and got tickets. Thanks.
Mine goes off everytime. As the very small beam hits an object.
(They shoot for your front tag) The beam splashes just like water
would and the splash is picked up. No splash no reading for the cop either.
Great tool as it lets you know you have been tagged. You should know the spots on the daily drive where they run lazer. Radar it give plenty of warning. it has easy saved me thousands of dollars.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:35 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
Mine goes off everytime. As the very small beam hits an object.
(They shoot for your front tag) The beam splashes just like water
would and the splash is picked up. No splash no reading for the cop either.
Great tool as it lets you know you have been tagged. You should know the spots on the daily drive where they run lazer. Radar it give plenty of warning. it has easy saved me thousands of dollars.
Sounds good just want to make sure Im not throwing money away. Did some research and found some bad reviews so was wondering. Has anyone got the power reset problem? Im hoping that has been fixed. I was in a cop forum and they say they get a lot even with the laser detector. One did say the vette is hard to lock cuz of its profile I guess. One also said he couldn't lock on a 7 series BMW due to it having the cruise control adjustment thing that sends a laser out too to keep the distance.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

I love my 9500ix, but 2 weeks ago, I got issued a ticket in GA by a cop using laser, and he said he got me at 1300 feet in traffic. My 9500 did NOT go off, but I saw the cop jump in his car and come after the pack of vehicles I was riding in.

I was singled out, pulled over, and even though I argued (politely), I still got the only ticket......

Sooooo, I know that laser would have put out a pretty large beam, but it did not go off on my detector, IF the cop was being honest.

It has went off many other times in Florida from laser though.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:23 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Seadawg
I love my 9500ix, but 2 weeks ago, I got issued a ticket in GA by a cop using laser, and he said he got me at 1300 feet in traffic. My 9500 did NOT go off, but I saw the cop jump in his car and come after the pack of vehicles I was riding in.

I was singled out, pulled over, and even though I argued (politely), I still got the only ticket......

Sooooo, I know that laser would have put out a pretty large beam, but it did not go off on my detector, IF the cop was being honest.

It has went off many other times in Florida from laser though.
That's what a lot of the reviews said when I researched it. It seems having some detectors at plate level would be better. Also I heard using a product called Veil is good and gives you more time as it suppose to absorb some of the signal.

Get notified of new replies

To 9500ix and laser detecting

Quick Reply: 9500ix and laser detecting