C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GS convertible gas pedal stiffness

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 03:24 PM
billster
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2011 GS convertible gas pedal stiffness

Hey guys .. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. The gas pedal is VERY stiff..it almost feels like your driving a digital car (on or off..no in between) when you are slowly taking off from a start.

It is very annoying to me, considering I had a 2004 C5 for 9yrs before getting into the C6. I don't expect it to be like a Honda or anything..but JEEZ..its so bloody stiff that you feel like when you give it a bit more power it just rockets off...almost no in between at all.

I know its all fly by wire..so there are no cables to check for tightness. My question is..can anything be done with the spring ( think that is the main issue here) without voiding the warranty?

I have not talked to the dealer yet...but the one near me is pretty much useless anyways. Anytime I have taken either of my 2 Vettes in for any kind of service..i need to bring it back at least 2 times to get it right.

I would appreciate anyone who could chime in and give me some help here. It really detracts from the driving experience for me.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:31 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

I doubt it. It is a self contained unit at the base of the pedal. I suspect the dealer, if they agree with you (), will just replace the pedal assembly.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:17 PM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a m6 ,and have no problems with the gas pedal in mine.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 GS convertible gas pedal stiffness

Quick Reply: 2011 GS convertible gas pedal stiffness