Look at it this way, someone on this very forum will, probably in like 5 years, let go of a pristine, low mileage, C7 that spent 80% of the time in a garage. You'll be able to take advantage of the depreciation and get a great car. By then, there might already be a Z07 version of the C7 that someone will get, and that person will let go of a 2014 C7 for that desire of the next version of the C7.
This is why I don't criticize "garage queens". They offer great opportunities and it is usually a win-win.
I, like you, will wait about four to five years AND I will keep my 2013 GS.
Last edited by nous defions; 09-13-2013 at 11:37 PM.
owned a 05 coupe 2 years ago then bougth a 2011GS vert if anything i will buy a 427 vert but keeping to my C6 body style untill the C7 grows on me, its not just the tail light that are not doing it for me, NOW if the do a wide body C7 Z07 that might be in my driveway till then C6 and love it more every time i drive it !
I'm quite fond of my C6 and if I decide to get a C7 somewhere in the future I'll most likely keep the C6 as well since they wouldn't be optioned the same and would probably fulfill slightly different purposes. Of course I could always decide to buy some other kind of toy but I don't find any other car providing everything the Corvette does.
I hope to keep my C6 for a long time. The problem is I need to replace my truck in the next few years and may have to trade my Vette in on that. It's getting too expensive trying to keep newer daily drivers for the Mrs, myself, plus the Corvette. We'll have to see how things are going next year. I would love a C7 but don't see it in the cards for me.
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how many present C6 owners are keeping their cars?
How many are planning on keeping their C6, and also buying a new C7?
How many are planning on selling their C6, in favor of a new C7?
No C7 bashing please, there's already plenty of those threads available.
I personally will not give up my '13 GS. That said, I really would like a new C7 as well. Decadent, I know.
I have decided to wait about 3 years, before buying a C7.
By then, I may be financially able to afford to keep my '13 GS, and buy a new C7 as well. I enjoy my C6 too much to sell it.
If I cannot afford the C7 in 3 years, I'll just continue to enjoy my C6, for many years to come. It's kind of a win, win, situation!
What say you?
I'm thinking along the same line. I don't see parting with my '13 427 anytime in the near future or perhaps ever. I do think the newer technology of the C7 is going to win me over eventually. I'm thinking about the same three years or so when they do a Z06 version and then I'd have my beloved convertable AND a car that I can actually take to a track for some real fun.
Randy, maybe consider buying a CPO truck...save some $$, get some warranty, and keep the 'Vette ?
I'm definitely looking at going that route for the next family vehicle.
Have been buying used (non-certified) SUVs for years...so far, so good.
I have thought about going that route for my dd. We are going to look at a new Buick Encore for the Mrs tomorrow If we can reach a deal on one of those, I can get a few more years out of my truck and will cross that bridge then.