C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership wouldn't listen, it was a bad starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 02:23 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Super, happy it all worked out for you in the end. Most stories do not end as well. Nice going.
Originally Posted by Blue Bandit
I called the service manager at the dealership and I explained what happened. He listened very well, and agreed to refund the money I had spent. It was more than I previously mentioned, as I was guessing from my overworked memory. They are sending me a check for approximately $325. At least the service manager made things right and is going to address issues like this with the service techs, mechanics, etc. With all the corvette owners who have been posting information on this website over the many years, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge on this website. It should be respected. Score one for corvette forum. Thanks for all the input fellow corvette owners. And remember there's nothing wrong with having the 2nd best looking corvette, since mines #1, lol.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 PM
WhiteDevil828
Burning Brakes

Received 378 Likes on 177 Posts

I wish this thread was posted a year ago. I was having an issue where my brake lights would stay on continuously, my auto trans would not shift out of park while I was stepping on the brake (the DIC wold say "depress brake" even though I was), sometimes it would start without having to step on the brake and the DIC would also say "service active handling". I did some research on the forum and found a thread where the poster had the same exact issues, first they replaced the brake control module. When that did not solve the problem they replaced the BCM. The poster said that solved the problem. I printed it out and brought it with the car to my local Chevy dealer and the service adviser gave me the same song and dance about forum members not being mechanics. Don't ask me why I went along and I let him convince me that it was the brake control module. Needless to say the fix did not work and it ended up costing me over $400, and then another $400 for the BCM replacement which solved the problem. I actually blame myself because I allowed it to happen. A year later is too long to start bitching about it to them. Good for you OP for standing up for your rights. As for me, you know what they say, F me once shame on you, F me twice shame on me
Old 03-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Squeaky wheel gets the grease! !

Glad it all worked out! !

Quick Reply: Dealership wouldn't listen, it was a bad starter