C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hertz speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
youout
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hertz speakers

these are the speakers I want to install in my C6. the car is a 2007 and has the factory bose paper speakers.

will these fit?
up front in the door and tweeters
Hertz Audio ESK 165.5 (ESK165.5) 6.5" 2-Way Energy Series Component Speaker System

behind seats
Hertz Audio ECX 130.5 (ECX130.5) 5-1/4" 2-Way Energy Series Coaxial Speakers

any help is appreciated. i will drive them with a small JL audio amp
Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by youout
these are the speakers I want to install in my C6. the car is a 2007 and has the factory bose paper speakers.

will these fit?
up front in the door and tweeters
Hertz Audio ESK 165.5 (ESK165.5) 6.5" 2-Way Energy Series Component Speaker System

behind seats
Hertz Audio ECX 130.5 (ECX130.5) 5-1/4" 2-Way Energy Series Coaxial Speakers

any help is appreciated. i will drive them with a small JL audio amp
We have Hertz in our 2010 Camaro, the SOUND is AMAZING

Full Hertz Audio High Energy Sound System
Includes:
Pair of 12 inch Subs Hertz High Energy HX300s
Pair of Hertz High Energy HT25 Tweets
Pair of Hertz High Energy HV165L 6.5 inch mids
Pair of Hertz DCX690 6x9
Audison Lrx 5.1k Amp - 1350 Watts

Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 AM
SeanMo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

They will fit, but you have to make a plate that holds them in the door. The factory door is 10"
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM
gustafsoncd
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set in my 2005 doors, I just purchased a rigid NON MDF frame set and they dropped right in. I have a vert with the two JL sub boxes rather than than rear speakers. With a JL mini amps they sound fantastic. I upgraded the stereo too, no comparison to stock.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:35 PM
youout
Racer

Originally Posted by SeanMo
They will fit, but you have to make a plate that holds them in the door. The factory door is 10"
could you explain what you mean by the factory door is 10 inches.

i want to install the speakers so the stock grill covers are used. Is that possible?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,794 Posts

Originally Posted by youout
could you explain what you mean by the factory door is 10 inches.

i want to install the speakers so the stock grill covers are used. Is that possible?
The factory door speakers are big honkin' 10" diameter speakers. The speakers you're looking at are a paltry 6.5" in diameter.

It's the audio equivalent of taking out your 6.0L LS2 V8 and throwing in a 3.5L V6 from an Accord.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FAUEE
The factory door speakers are big honkin' 10" diameter speakers. The speakers you're looking at are a paltry 6.5" in diameter.

It's the audio equivalent of taking out your 6.0L LS2 V8 and throwing in a 3.5L V6 from an Accord.
Yes and No. The Bose 10" speakers are used for mid and bass. If he goes with 6.5 Hetrz it will BLOW AWAY the low/mid of the bose. He would lose the lower end but he could add a sub to cover that.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:51 AM
youout
Racer

Originally Posted by FAUEE

I understand now. I thought the door speakers were smaller than 10". I really do not want to add the sub, been there done that, just want to improve on the depth and quality of the sound. Is there an easy way to get a speaker in the door without fabrication ( are plates easy to find?) that might be better than what I am looking at doing with a 6.5?

Last edited by youout; 11-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Check with:
DoubleDMods
http://www.doubledmods.com
They know Vettes
Old 11-13-2013, 03:46 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

You can buy speaker cutouts on Ebay for arund 30.00 or less. The Ebay merchant will custom cut them, for your speakers, and they will fit perfectly in your doors. They have templates for our cars. Don't even bother making the plates yourself. 6.5" speakers all sound about the same in the 100-175.00 price range. JL, Focal, and Hertz make good speakers. The Focals can get very expensive but they also make some of the nicest car speakers. I listened to the Hertz next to the JBL speakers and couldn't tell a difference. They were pretty much equal except the JBL speakers were much less and rated very high. To get really great sound you need a subwoofer to fill out the bottom of the music and to keep your other speakers from distrorting. I've installed a few systems and this is how I would allocate my funds. 1st I would buy an 8" subwoofer. I really like the Polk subs and JL. The Polk is what I have and it's wonderful. You can install it in one of the storage cutouts in the hatch. I thought I would be dissapointed because I use to have two 10" drivers in a big box. This little sub is much more musical and sounds better. An 8" sub is not over powering and puts out tight hard bass. 2nd don't bother with 6.5" speakers go with 6 x 9's. More surface area. To save money you can get JBL's for around 120.00 or you can get Focals for around 190.00. I would cross these over at about 60hz to reduce distortion this sending all the lower octaves to the sub. 3rd I would install 5 1/4 speakrs in the hatch area but cross these over at about 120hz. This will give you really good midbass without distrortion. Now you need good amps. I would suggest Alpine. They are fairly cool running, with clean power and give a lot of bang for the buck. The MRX series is a newer series and they incorporate a lot of highend technology that was developed for their flagship PDX series. I would buy a 4 channel amp for the door/hatch speakers and a one channel amp for the sub. You will also need a sub **** that you can mount by the steering wheel to adjust lowend at will. This is a must. If you delete the sub you will never be satisfied with the sound. You might as well keep the stock setup. For the sub I made a top to fit over the storage hole, cut a hole for the speaker and silicone it in place and ran the wire to where they had to go. My system sounds great. I wouldn't do anything different. I also have a dnx890hd HU. I like the HU a lot but I wish it a jog. It's nice to stream mucis from Pandora and or anyother service that works over bluetooth.

Last edited by traderfjp; 11-13-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM
youout
Racer

Originally Posted by traderfjp
You can buy speaker cutouts on Ebay for arund 30.00 or less. The Ebay merchant will custom cut them for your speakers and they will fit perfectly in your doors. They have templates for our cars. Don't even bother making the plates yourself. 6.5" speakers all sound about the same in the 100-175.00 price range. JL, Focal, and Hertz make good speakers. The Focals can get very expensive. I listened to the Hertz next to the JBL speakers and couldn't tell a difference. They were pretty much equal except the JBL speakers were much less and rated very high. To get really great sound you need a subwoofer to fill out the bottom of the music and to keep your other speakers from distrorting. I've installed a few systems and this is how I would allocate my funds. 1st I would buy an 8" subwoofer. I really like the Polk subs and JL. The Polk is what Ihave and it's wonderful. You can install it in one of the storage cutouts in the hatch. I thought I would be dissapointed because I use to have two 10" drivers ina big box. This little sub is much more musical and sounds better. An 8" sub is not over powering and puts out tight hard bass. 2nd don't bother with 6.5" speakers go with 6 x 9's. More surface area. To save money you can get JBL's for around 120.00 or you can get Focals for around 190.00I would cross these over at about 60hz. 3rd I would install 5 1/4 speakrs in the hatch area but cross these over at about 120hz. These will give you really good midbass without distrortion. Now you need good amps. I would suggest Alpine. They are fairly cool running, with clean clean and give a lot of bang for the buck. The MRX series is a newer series and they incorporate a lot of highend technology that developed for their flagship PDX series. I would buy a 4 channel amp for the door/hatch speakers and a one channel amp for the sub. You will also need a sub **** that you can mount by the steering wheel to adjust lowend at will. This is a must. If you delete the sub you will never be satisfied with the sound. You might as well keep the stock setup. For the sub I made a top to fit over the storage hole, cut a hole for the speaker and silicone it in place running the wire to where it had to go. My system sounds great. I wouldn't do anything different. I also have a dnx890hd HU. I like the HU a lot but I wish it a jog.
great info and I will use as I complete this winter project. I found the speaker cut outs etc. Thanks for taking the time to put this on the forum.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:25 PM
youout
Racer

Default new direction

how much fabrication is needed to fit 6x9 speakers in the doors of a C6? looking at Polk db691. Is there a template out there to hold the speaker in the 10 inch opening from the Bose speaker that was in the door panel?

also with 6x9 in the doors no twetter needed up front, right?

then would I use a 5.25 2 way behind the seats? would it be better to buy the 5.25 as componet set with a seperate tweeter to mount somewhere in the back area.

Get notified of new replies

To hertz speakers

Quick Reply: hertz speakers