C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get Free OnStar for 6 months (or more)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

Default Get Free OnStar for 6 months (or more)

Just wanted to pass this on to my Corvette brothers and sisters. I am not sure if you received the same email or not, but I just got this today.

Looks like you can get 6 months free for just asking for the offer and then get another 6 months free if you sign up with State Farm.

For a limited time, you can reactivate your vehicle's OnStar¹ service with the OnStar/State Farm Connect & Save Offer—one free year of OnStar Directions & Connections (a $299 value) plus an insurance discount through the State Farm Drive Safe & Save™ program.²

1. PUSH
Push your blue OnStar button and follow the prompts to speak with an Advisor.

2. ASK
Ask for the State Farm Connect & Save Offer and get six free months of OnStar service.

3. CONTACT
Contact your local State Farm Agent or call 866.583.9457 to sign up for Drive Safe & Save and you’ll get six additional free months of OnStar service

²Offer only eligible on OnStar-equipped vehicles with an inactive OnStar system. Offer includes a six month trial of Directions & Connections service with Blue Button press and an additional six month trial once State Farm Drive Safe & Save is activated. Enrollment in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics and valid email address is required. State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount. Offer available through 1/31/14. No obligation. Not compatible with any other OnStar offer.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:25 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Have your insurance company have access to your driving habits......what could go wrong with that.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Have your insurance company have access to your driving habits......what could go wrong with that.
Well, you can always just get the first 6 months for free just for asking for the offer, but I personally wouldn't switch to State Farm just to get an additional 6 months of free OnStar.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

F*** State Farm!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And Onstar
Old 10-08-2013, 11:46 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount.

That doesn't sound that great to me. Eventually you'll worry about how many miles you drive, how fast you accelerate (0-60 in 6 seconds is too fast for a lot of ins companies), when/where you drive, etc.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I signed up the insurance discount on my Malibu earlier this year. That way I could get the low mileage discount. They only get the data you get in the OnStar email. They don't see speeds, etc. Just mileage. I also accepted an offer a year from State Farm to give me one free year of OnStar. The car saw plenty of high speed driving with speeds approaching 160. They never saw any of that. Insurance rates didn't change.

Bill
Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 AM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I signed up the insurance discount on my Malibu earlier this year. That way I could get the low mileage discount. They only get the data you get in the OnStar email. They don't see speeds, etc. Just mileage. I also accepted an offer a year from State Farm to give me one free year of OnStar. The car saw plenty of high speed driving with speeds approaching 160. They never saw any of that. Insurance rates didn't change.

Bill
OnStar or State Farm told you that right? Did you read the service contract with OnStar stating what they can collect? Allstate said low mileage discounts kick in about 9k miles which I do. They trust my word instead having a nanny. They won't even give a discount for OnStar. USAA did but it was about $1.50 a month.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Looks like you still have to pay for the basic diagnostics portion from how I read it.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
State Farm collects basic information about your vehicle to calculate insurance discount.

That doesn't sound that great to me. Eventually you'll worry about how many miles you drive, how fast you accelerate (0-60 in 6 seconds is too fast for a lot of ins companies), when/where you drive, etc.
state farm will call to verify the miles you drove in a year.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

State Farm will only collect data if you sign up for the second part (Drive Safe & Save) right?

The first 6 months you get free just by asking for the "State Farm Connect & Save Offer" but I don't think you are required to switch to State Farm to get that first 6 months free.

At least that is how I read it but I have been known to be wrong once or twice.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Chevy-SS
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

$299 a year?!?! That pricing is ludicrous....
Old 06-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Talk about timing. I got a bill today for their crazy annual renewal fee. I called and said no thanks. They offered me their "best"
deal of $100 a year. I canceled. Actually a very easy process.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:54 PM
tebo
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree with Allan (post #4) 100%. I let SF screw me for 25+ yrs and switched AMFAM a couple of years back and am saving about 50% for my fleet of 4 vehicles.

Get notified of new replies

To Get Free OnStar for 6 months (or more)

Quick Reply: Get Free OnStar for 6 months (or more)