C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure monitoring system

Old 10-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Mike Cunningham
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure monitoring system

The other day while prepping for a trip I was checking tire air pressures on my monitoring system and I noticed that the front left tire registered as the right rear tire on the system. In fact after checking further none of the tires registered to where they actually were. My question is can they be reset via the computer or monitoring system itself or do the sending units themselves have to be relocated? I am surprised this wasn't checked out by the factory or dealer before delivery. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,494 Likes on 815 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

how long have you had the car? did you just notice this now?
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

If they are within 2lbs. of an actual gage I think that's as close as you could ask of them. You can reset them however, the procedure is explained in your owners manual.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Mike Cunningham
Heel & Toe

I have had the car for a couple months now. I have always used a dial gauge and regularly check the pressures. It was not until I decided to compare my dial gauge to the monitoring system that I noticed that the tires were not registering to the proper location. It is nice to find out that resetting them should be relatively easy.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

The manual states that a TPMS relearn tool is needed to rematch the sensor to the proper tire location. See: TPMS sensor matching process in your owners manual. My '12 is my first C6 and I don't have the owners manual memorized, yet.
BTW, my system reads 2-3 pounds higher than the actual pressure on all four tires for some reason.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Mike Cunningham
Heel & Toe

Thanks Joe B. Guess a trip to the dealer is in order. By the way mine read the same two to three psi higher as yours, but it is consistent so I guess you can just figure it in when checking.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,185 Likes on 2,679 Posts

This happened to me a few tire changes back. I took it back to the establishment that put the tires on, and it took 30 sec. to fix.

I check the tire pressures after a tire change, if I have not been able to watch to make sure the wheels haven't been switched. After the last one, I was lazy and made them "relearn" the wheel placement, just to be on the "safe" side.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire pressure monitoring system

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire pressure monitoring system