C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevrolet Service Department Specializing in Corvettes in So Cal

Old 10-23-2013, 12:37 AM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet Service Department Specializing in Corvettes in So Cal

Anyone know of any Chevrolet Dealers with their Service Department specializing in Corvettes in the Southern California area?
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 AM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Tom45
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think that the Chevy dealers that sell a lot of Corvettes would have a service department that knows what they are doing with them.

Some of the dealers that come to mind are Win Chev in Long Beach, Selman Chev in Orange, Connell Chev in Costa Mesa and Bob Stall Chev in San Diego.

I haven't used any of these dealer's service departments, but maybe somebody else here has and will post their comments.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:48 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010BlueGS
Anyone know of any Chevrolet Dealers with their Service Department specializing in Corvettes in the Southern California area?
If for warranty work, some good names mentioned.

For performance or general work on your Corvette, Callaway Cars' Performance Center in Santa Ana, CA on the 55 fwy between the 405 and 5 (Dyer Rd. Exit) is well worth your visit. Please see more @ www.callawaycars.com

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:55 PM
See5see6
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 131 Posts

Very happy with Selman in Orange.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

While I've heard of good things about all the above (incl. Callaway which I believe is the first time I've seen advertising their service I'd go there if I lived nearby just to see the cars being worked on!), I saw this OP and a follow up post. The OP on that thread back in 9/2011 said he took his C6 (and all his Corvettes) to run at Bonneville Salt Flats.

Here's his post and the follow on post (you can contact both posters if you want):

Today, 12:42 AM #6
Big Jay E
CF Senior Member

"Picked it up today. The verdict.... salt in the radiator, battery was junk

They removed the radiator and pressure washed the salt out of it and the fan.

They also replaced the battery under warranty. I had listed the popping in the roof and beeping. They replaced some parts in the roof.

The service was exceptional. The service writer, a gentleman named Fernando was completely on top of everything. At one point I sent him an e-mail, and he called within a minute. I said "I just sent you an e-mail". He replied "Yes I know i just got it on my phone." I was impressed to say the least.

Bottom line, I had to pay for the radiator service. I fully expected that. Coming home ( over 100 miles ), 75 mph up and down hills, the heat gauge never got off the thermostat.

There has been absolutely no popping. As for the beeping, they couldn't make it happen. They said it might have been the battery problem. So we will see if it happens again.

So who is the dealer ????? Rydell in Northridge, Ca. I drive over 100 miles to go there and buy my vettes and have then serviced. I pass at least three other Chevy dealers on the way there."
________________________________________ ____

Today, 05:31 AM #9
kemomek

"Two Thumbs Up For Rydell Also....!!!!

Please don't take this as a commercial plug for Rydell as we have our monthly meetings there, but they do have the best Corvette Tech in town. Donny is incredible. He just replaced my traction control switch in my 08. Fast, meticulous and very knowledgeable, he knows these cars inside and out.............Kemo "
Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM
2vettefamily
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 62 Posts

Speaking of reputable, skilled C6 shops, anyone know of any in Citrus County Florida? My wife's 2013 got hit in the driver door while opened. The inside of the door is cracked badly by the hinges. The idiot who hit it ,luckily,has insurance so no problem there. But I want the door repaired(replaced actually) by someone familiar with our beauty. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by See5see6
Very happy with Selman in Orange.
, at least about their body shop. My JSB was hit in the rear at an angle, they found all the "hidden" damage when they got her apart, repaired everything, and did an awesome job of matching the Jetstream Blue Metallic perfectly.

It's a bit far from me, but I may have to try them for regular service also.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevrolet Service Department Specializing in Corvettes in So Cal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chevrolet Service Department Specializing in Corvettes in So Cal