C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 10:15 AM
bigsteff
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thoughts from a big man:

The C7 is awesome with all the new technology, performance enhancements, and wow, the interior upgrades! I can only imagine how a wide-body model will look. However, as a 6'4 inch 265 lb dude, the C7 is more like the C4(in terms of cockpit comfort) !! I sat in the C7 and adjusted the seat and could just barely fit in the cockpit. It was C4 all over again .... I was so disappointed! Now I know that I'll be driving my 10' GS for quite a while! I'll probably customize my interior and maybe add a new set of wheels over the next few years to freshen-up the GS. I know that doesn't make a C6 a C7 but that's all I can do.

Very disappointed that the C7 is not a fit. The C7 will be a great car for sure.

Last edited by bigsteff; 11-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:18 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsteff
Thoughts from a big man:

The C7 is awesome with all the new technology, performance enhancements, and wow, the interior upgrades! I can only imagine how a wide-body model will look. However, as a 6'4 inch 265 lb dude, the C7 is more like the C4(in terms of cockpit comfort) !! I sat in the C7 and adjusted the seat and could just barely fit in the cockpit. It was C4 all over again .... I was so disappointed! Now I know that I'll be driving my 10' GS for quite a while! I'll probably customize my interior and maybe add a new set of wheels over the next few years to freshen-up the GS. I know that doesn't make a C6 a C7 but that's all I can do.

Very disappointed that the C7 is not a fit. The C7 will be a great car for sure.

Im 6'3 and 235, and I felt somewhat cramped in the c7's I sat in and drove, as well......
Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Jim Barker
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BenDiem
Well boys,

I took my '13 C6 to my local dealership for its final oil/filter/clutch fluid change b/4 old winter finally arrives...

When I dropped my C6 off at the dealership, there was a brand new C7parked right next to my car. At first, I thought, the C7 is a pretty nice car, but I prefer the looks of my C6.

A few hours later, I arrived at the dealership to pick up my newly serviced C6. Again, the new black C7 was parked next to my C6. It was at this moment (my second in-person view of the new C7) that the C7 started looking pretty good, to pretty damn good!

I stared at each car for several minutes, and I could not believe what I was thinking. The C6 is already beginning to look dated next to the
C7. I never thought I would think/say this, so close to the new C7 introduction.

The large exhausts coming from the center look awesome. The front headlights look great and the entire car looks muscular and chiseled. I will say that the rear lights are starting to grow on me, but just a little bit. I still prefer rounder tail lights but the overall car looks stunning. The interior is a win!

I left the dealership noting that I look forward to the new C7 ZR1 or Z06

I'm generally a traditionalist, but the new C7 is a winner. It took two live views of the C7 for me to draw this conclusion...

I love my C6, but the new C7 in the flesh looks much better than in pictures...

The new C7 (ZR1 or Z06) is definitely in my future plans...

Well done Chevrolet!
Check this out nice side by side
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/c7vert/index.html
Old 11-15-2013, 06:30 PM
ls2_allen_morgan
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
fyi.. The topic C6 > C7 indicates the C6 is greater...
Just as confused as you are on that!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Jax419
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now I think the C7 looks better, But I think the C6 will age better

This is the trend I predict happening, just my opinion on how these cars will age.

C1 = C5
C2 = C6
C3 = C7

Last edited by Jax419; 11-15-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)