C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Srius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 PM
CV-4606
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Srius Radio

Anybody renew XM Radio lately? Sure is getting expensive. Any tips on negotiating with XM greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-05-2013, 01:03 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

basically threaten to cancel it is only leverage you have. or just do like i did and cancel it and get a aftermarket radio.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ZWINBACK is still a good code.....or as stated threaten to cancel,,,,and even if they do you will most like receive a "please come back note"...usually 25.00 for 6 mos. don't pay by credit card and have them bill you a paper copy....then put in a reminder on your computer to either cancel or renew.........otherwise they will continue automatically and eventually bill you at the higherr rate for it I have multiple cars and the cancel thing works pretty well....as long as you get someone in America...pretty good product...terrible service and customer relations....ps see JohnODrakes post
Old 12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
bushjc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they are finally getting smart over at XM.

My subscription was due to end on 12/04/13 and I called in to see what they would say. Out of the gate, I told the rep that I was going to cancel the service because I didn't use it that much and I really didn't feel it was worth the 110.00 I paid when I started it a year ago.

Of course, I got the "Well I can offer you a reduced rate if you would like to continue". Only problem was the "reduced" rate was a big 10% off.

When that one didn't fly, she offered what she said was a "new promotion". She called it the "Five for Twenty-Five"

So I guess I'll be channel surfing for at least another 5 months.

When/If I renew after 5, I'm going to ask them where that extra month went.

WAVING -
Old 12-05-2013, 05:39 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by bushjc
I think they are finally getting smart over at XM.

My subscription was due to end on 12/04/13 and I called in to see what they would say. Out of the gate, I told the rep that I was going to cancel the service because I didn't use it that much and I really didn't feel it was worth the 110.00 I paid when I started it a year ago.

Of course, I got the "Well I can offer you a reduced rate if you would like to continue". Only problem was the "reduced" rate was a big 10% off.

When that one didn't fly, she offered what she said was a "new promotion". She called it the "Five for Twenty-Five"

So I guess I'll be channel surfing for at least another 5 months.

When/If I renew after 5, I'm going to ask them where that extra month went.

WAVING -
....I also have two xm radio equipped vehicles. I play the game every 5 mo's ....If I don't get the renewal for 25.00 I hang up and call back. I ALWAYS get it.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

I might renew mine if it would work properly but I sure as hell wouldn't pay more than about $25 a year. Not a day goes by that the signal is not lost and sometimes it stays lost for an hour. Then I go to another channel and have a signal for a few minutes and then it goes away as well. Top it off with a mediocre sound clarity and its simply not worth it.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:56 PM
MelAnn
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had XM on 2 cars for quite a few years. I always call to cancel and get the 6 months for $25 on each car.

Only once did they refuse. I cancelled and got a card in the mail within a couple of weeks offering 6 months for $25.

Never had a problem with reception. Always works great.

Get notified of new replies

To Srius Radio

Quick Reply: Srius Radio