C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Deegan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Sound

There is a noise that sounds like the buzzing droning sound you would hear coming from the housing of a jet engine from inside an airplane. At first I thought it sounded like it was coming from the right wheel well or maybe from a hose or belt from the right side of the engine compartment. But last night iI wondered if maybe it was coming from the roof area. Usually it starts upon rapid acceleration, like when coming down on ramp and accelerating onto the the freeway. The local dealership said they couldn't replicate the problem, so no help there. In the past the noise would go away after a few minutes or miles, but last night it was constant and so loud on for an hour at freeway speeds that I could barely hear the radio over it. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

The plastic cowl under the wipers.

Place some duct tape across the top of it and adhere it to the glass then go for a ride.
If your problem is gone remove the tape and pry up with a screw driver then apply a few strategically placed dots of black RVT silicone.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
The plastic cowl under the wipers.

Place some duct tape across the top of it and adhere it to the glass then go for a ride.
If your problem is gone remove the tape and pry up with a screw driver then apply a few strategically placed dots of black RVT silicone.

I had the exact same problem...as many others did....

Get notified of new replies

To Strange Sound

Quick Reply: Strange Sound