C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP priciing.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GMPP priciing.....

I'm being told I cannot purchase a renewal GMPP on my C6, unless I purchase one in CA (from a CA dealer)? Is this true? Anyone, help? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:33 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

Call Dennis Fitchner - Fitchner Chevrolet

406-628-4618, Ext 105
Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yup.

Originally Posted by CeYaBye
Well as of now not only are all dealers done selling GMPP's in Florida but now California and Maryland. GMPP is to be sold by a dealer licensed in the State of California only and GMPP must be incidental to the sale or lease of the vehicle. In other words you must buy the GMPP on day of purchase of your vehicle or you will be unable to get one. Internet sales of GMPP to California customers are not allowed.

This is the exact email I just got from GMPP so to my thousands of great friends and customers of GMPP purchases over the years in California we will still be friends but no longer customers.

For all of you wanting GMPP quotes in other states from this point forward I will need the VIN, Exact Miles and state you are in. There are state specific requirements that I need to send to you and then you have to sign a letter and send back to me for my file stating you understand these requirements.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com

406-628-4618, Ext 105
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 PM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RicK T
Yup.
Wow? Just wow.

Talk about restrictive trade? I guess they didn't want dealers to bid against themselves? Which is what they do anyway with a purchase.

Thanks for the reply, RT.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:09 PM
MKenM
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18,'21

Learn something new every day.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

RichieRichZ06 at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA is very good at matching the "Good" prices and supports this forum.

Ask for Rich at Abel..

http://www.abelgm.com/?cs:pro=cgt2&c...eName=HomePage
Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 PM
florida john
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Florida's problems with GMPP are more political than anything else. Florida legislature years ago mandated that warranties could not be discounted in Florida. No logic, other than protecting OEM dealers (several auto dealers in legislature at that time). More recently, Florida started considering warranties as "insurance" and required Florida insurance licensing to sell extended warranties.

From Dennis's prior post we can only assume that more restrictions are being added by GM?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Im sorry...I couldnt ever imagine moving to California. You can barely breathe there without being restricted on something.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stavesacre21
Im sorry...I couldnt ever imagine moving to California. You can barely breathe there without being restricted on something.
No snow, no hot-muggy and no mosquitoes. This is a no-brainer, for now. The political climate notwithstanding.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by florida john
Florida's problems with GMPP are more political than anything else. Florida legislature years ago mandated that warranties could not be discounted in Florida. No logic, other than protecting OEM dealers (several auto dealers in legislature at that time). More recently, Florida started considering warranties as "insurance" and required Florida insurance licensing to sell extended warranties
True that.
Which begs the question if/when Internet car sales may be restricted and/or totally eliminated? A member in C7 reports denial of warranty work on his C7 because, paraphrasing dealer's stated position: "Since the car was not bought at their dealership they've no obligation to service the car."

WTH?

Then recently I tried haggling with my usual country dealer on a C7.
He simply w/could not believe C7s are available at $2K under MSRP.
Told him I could buy one out-of-state @ 2K off MSRP, then have it 'courtesy delivered' to his store for him to PDI & deliver.
He wasn't amused. If looks could kill. Could tell dealer was well aware of the 'issue'.

Originally Posted by florida john
From Dennis's prior post we can only assume that more restrictions are being added by GM?[/b]
Smart money wouldn't bet against it.
The large volume dealers are leaving a serious mark on the small guys inasfar as Corvette sales go & the small guys don't like it a bit.

Restrictions on GMPP sales might've been a beginning of more restrictions to come with new ones covering unit sales. To 'protect' dealers/territories, don'tcha know.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Stavesacre21
I've been to Ohio and it is a depressed dump. But at least you have the Buckeyes!

Last edited by Vet Interested; 01-04-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GMPP priciing.....

Quick Reply: GMPP priciing.....