C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gmpp renewal news

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:21 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Gmpp renewal news

GREAT NEWS

Just got off the phone with my GMPP contact and he looked into my question of why can't I renew my customers in California, Oregon, Washington, Kentucky, Maryland, Idaho-still not Florida!!

Well he found out some great news for you and me-I can renew your existing GMPP plan for you since I am not soliciting the purchase which they consider an internet transaction. So again especially my California customers I can now renew your existing GMPP plan, things have not changed as far as selling you an original GMPP plan(I still can't do that).

Send me your VIN, Current Miles and state of residence to dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com for a renewal quote.

My direct line is 406-628-4618, Ext 105.

Dennis Fichtner

Last edited by CeYaBye; 01-20-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by CeYaBye
I can renew your existing GMPP plan for you since I am nor are you my customer soliciting the purchase which they consider an internet transaction.
Dennis Fichtner
At least some good news Dennis......but.....you might want to edit that section in Bold, doesn't make sense.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:47 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

I am getting emails from Florida customers already and sorry if my post is confusing but Florida is still a NO NO for me to even renew your plan so Again Florida is a no go to sell or renew a GMPP plan in.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

GREAT NEWS ...Just got off the phone with my GMPP contact and he looked into my question of why can't I renew my customers in California, Oregon, Washington, Kentucky, Maryland, Idaho-still not Florida!!
This IS good news for members in CA, OR, WA, KY, MD & ID...except FL? Go figure. Tough break, FL.

Be talking with you soon (from WI ) for my 2nd (& last?) renew.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:56 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Good news.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am getting emails from Florida customers already and sorry if my post is confusing but Florida is still a NO NO for me to even renew your plan so Again Florida is a no go to sell or renew a GMPP plan in.
Dennis,
Is this a Florida issue or a GMPP issue?
Old 01-20-2014, 04:21 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

All states listed are states that have made GMPP an insurance product thus you must be a licensed insurance agent in that state to sell the product in that state. So to sell GMPP's in Florida you must be a licensed Insurance agent in Florida, I have looked into it and what a joke on trying to get a license. About 500 pages of bull to go through along with numerous other things. Not worth the money to get it either.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:05 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Thanks to all who have emailed me-keep them coming, I knew my California customers would see this and start jumping for joy and I was right. I guess the dealers wanting to charge as much as $5,000 for a $1900 policy are going to miss out.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com
Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I just renew mine at the dealer with no issues.

Plus we don't have any of that nasty nasty ice & snow.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:14 AM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone who have contacted me over the past 24 hours. Please use my email at dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com to send me your request for a quote including wheel & tire plans. I received 18 PM's thru the forum and much harder to do a professional quote thru the PM than thru email.

Again I need your VIN, Current Miles and State of Residence.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:43 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

I bought my initial GMPP from Dennis earlier today, as my 3-yr/36K mi. portion of the OEM warranty expires next month.

I selected a 48 mo./40K mi./$50 deductible plan. Likely more mileage than I need, but we both agreed it made sense
given the other choices.

thanks again for your help, Dennis !
Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerpro
I just renew mine at the dealer with no issues.

Plus we don't have any of that nasty nasty ice & snow.
yea, just bugs and humidity.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:53 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance license

All states listed are states that have made GMPP an insurance product thus you must be a licensed insurance agent in that state to sell the product in that state. So to sell GMPP's in Florida you must be a licensed Insurance agent in Florida, I have looked into it and what a joke on trying to get a license. About 500 pages of bull to go through along with numerous other things. Not worth the money to get it either.
Hmm. Are you stating that all dealers in Florida have an insurance license? Seems improbable unless it is required by out of state dealers only.
An insurance license has significant test requirements. To study, as I did, for the sale of a single basic product, seems absurd.

As a Florida residence with a warranty up this month( Feb), I need to look into this further.

Fortunately I was able to buy, from you, an extended warranty on my Vette last year. Brings up another question, if I already am a customer, should I not be able to cover any vehicle I own through you?

Get notified of new replies

To Gmpp renewal news

Quick Reply: Gmpp renewal news