C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

worthless low life vandal scum!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 01:58 PM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default worthless low life vandal scum!!!

Well today I woke up to quite the surprise. A police card was left at my door stating criminal mischief, I was confused when I read it until it hit me.... my car!! I go outside and see that my car had the front windshield bashed. It wasn't shattered but just cracked all over. The back window was also smashed but actually shattered and glass was all over the car and the interior. Nothing was stolen from the car they didn't even try to get in the car. After calling the police we found out that it was not just my car, several cars in the neighborhood had windows smashed last night and to my knowledge nothing was stolen from the other cars either. I just don't understand people!! How is it fun or rewarding to go smashing windows out of cars. What Is just as baffling is that they didn't try to steal anything from anyone. If you're gonna go through the trouble of breaking car windows why not steal the contents. I had golf clubs, my radio, a sub, and who knows what other valuables that they couldve stolen. I am not complaining that nothing was stolen I just don't understand why you would go around doing this crap to not even reap any kind of reward for it. Scum bags!! Great start to my weekend...... NOT!!

Old 02-08-2014, 02:02 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Sorry to hear about this. Hope they catch the creeps that did this. It looks like it is in a garage now. Who's garage?
Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 PM
1quickTXVette
Racer

It's in my garage now since there is a gaping hole in the window. The car is always parked outside unless the weather starts to get bad and then I pull it inside and switch it another car. I'm in college and therefore live at home with my parents so their cars take priority for the garage unless bad weather is coming and then I pull it in. We have never had any problems parking outside and almost every house on our block has cars outside that never get messed with until now..
Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Time to move to a garaged home.... people suck and like to destroy other people nice stuff.......

OK Edit: noticed you live at home..... With all the nice mods you have add an alarm that will notify you when someone is messing with your car....
Old 02-08-2014, 02:11 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

This is why I wouldnt even own a house without a garage. You cant leave anything outside without some azzhole ruining it for no reason. If they had to pick on you just feel lucky its just your glass they broke.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:11 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Man that su***,probably some stupid crack head,real sorry for you.If its any consolation……..at least they didn't get inside and do further damage.However MAN THAT SU***!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:18 PM
guyster05LBM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That is truly a horrendous sight. Sorry to hear about that. I truly believe their are those out there that consider Vette owners part of the 1% (obviously mis-informed for the most part), and like to do this crap to prove some point or something. Sad.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by wlean99
Man that su***,probably some stupid crack head,real sorry for you.If its any consolation……..at least they didn't get inside and do further damage.However MAN THAT SU***!
If they were a crackhead they would have stolen some of his property.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ride bro, at least they didn't funk with the paint too. I'm fortunate to have a garage for both of my cars, I hope you get the garage after this, but it seems like a tough parking situation you got there.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:32 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Sorry to hear that but glad its only the windows and not the paint/interior. Hope the police catch them.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:32 PM
BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.
Racer

The Teenage years , where making sense doesn't register. Boys out at night just to do things because they can .
Like Justin Bieber throwing eggs . Sorry for your loss. Maybe karma or their Fathers will make them pay dearly.
What are the laws in TX. for the amount of damage done to all the cars on your street? Is it still a misdemeanor?
I hope they get caught .

Last edited by BLD.70DRIVERMPG-RET.; 02-08-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:50 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

So sorry. That's a awful sight.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 PM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Yeah I'm very glad they didn't get into the car and steal things from the inside. I'm sure it's all gonna be just a misdemeanor and not a felony. I doubt they'll ever even catch the kids responsible there probably isn't much to go on and I doubt it's at the top of their priority list to solve. Unless they go and keep doing it and eventually get caught in the act then I doubt they'll be caught. I took a vacuum to it and cleaned up as much of the glass ands possible. All that's left is just sand sized pieces. I can still see tiny little pieces on the outside of the rear hatch that the vacuum left behind. Once I get the window replaced I'll try to lightly rinse the car and then give it a good wash and hope that none of the glass breaking caused any damage to the paint. The rear cargo area was covered in glass and the front seats had glass pieces around too I vacuumed it up as good as I could now I just play the waiting game.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:58 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14
Default crackheads

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
If they were a crackhead they would have stolen some of his property.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your ride bro, at least they didn't funk with the paint too. I'm fortunate to have a garage for both of my cars, I hope you get the garage after this, but it seems like a tough parking situation you got there.
good point! maybe they were: STUPID crackheads
Old 02-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Rivera9288
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a solution wifi camera mounted on top away from vandals with night vision , and a loaded gun just a thought
Old 02-08-2014, 03:02 PM
oldtee
Racer

Why should it surprise you that there are angry people out there. You and your neighbors were in the path of someone acting out against who knows what, the one percent, a parent, a drug dealer debt, a girlfriend turn down .... take a guess.

Call the insurance company and consider it a tax.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:08 PM
1quickTXVette
Racer

Trust me I live in Texas A loaded gun was definitely present I just didn't know that it happened. If I heard it happening someone would've been very sorry that they were doing it at my house.

I've already made an insurance call and have gotten the process moving. Most of the glass companies are closed today so I couldn't get anywhere. Safelite was about the only one open but they don't have the glass in Stock and will take about a week or so at least to get it in. I'm gonna call some other places on Monday to see if they can get it done earlier otherwise I'll be without a car being its my DD until they can get around to fixing it.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Laid Back11
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be as hell if I was in that situation! Just makes you want to the person head who did this damage for no reason. Good luck with the repairs.

Get notified of new replies

To worthless low life vandal scum!!!

Old 02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
electric_yogurt
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't overlook the fact that a scruple-less local glass company could have paid some kids to go and drum up some insurance claim business.

Probably not, but in this day, who knows . . .

Especially if, in the next day or so, a glass company business card shows up stuck your door.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

I am surprised nobody heard anything.

I am sorry this happened to you. It seems like your insurance company should get you a rental car while you are waiting for the repairs to be completed.

Good luck.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:12 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
So sorry. That's a awful sight.
If they were caught hang em

Quick Reply: worthless low life vandal scum!!!