C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Redi Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:41 AM
mophead
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default TPMS Redi Sensor

Anyone use the VDO Redi Sensor for TPMS? Do they sinc up and work like they should?
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

No experience with the VDO model. Their Web page says they can cover 85% of applications with just 3 Part numbers. Shops like them so they don't have to stock lots of different parts. I don't trust one-size-fits-all solutions. If the sensors give you trouble, you'll have to have them all removed and replaced = Another opportunity for the tire shop to damage your rims.

If I were you, I'd insist on sensors made by Schrader - They make the OEM sensors. I don't know if there is any cost difference but they're probably in the same ballpark.

BTW, I had a shop install one-size-fits-all sensors made by Dill. They didn't work. The shop told me to take the car to Chevy to have them registered - Chevy couldn't get them to work either. ...so out they came. In the end, Schrader sensors cost less than the Dill sensors!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
mophead
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did visit the website. Can't find any Schraders where I live. Might as well be in Africa as to anyone stocking anything here. Autonation has one. $115.00. Wanting to mount new wheels and probably time to replace 05 sensors. Afraid if I use the old ones they will start to die before tires wear out.
Thanks for that experience info!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Amazon is your friend when you live in the boonies. I know from personal experience.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

...or try TPMS.com

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS Redi Sensor

Quick Reply: TPMS Redi Sensor