C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Default Problem with Fog Lights

My fog lights stopped working. Replaced both bulbs...nothing....found that the fuse was blown. Replaced fuse and still NO FOG LIGHTS. When I turn the switch on the indicator on the dash lights up saying the lights should be on but no lights. ... Any suggestions???
Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 PM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

I'm going with a bad relay or bad switch. Since the fuse was blown, I would check the switch first.

Last edited by JKbride; 03-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by JKbride
I'm going with a bad relay or bad switch. Since the fuse was blown, I would check the switch first.
Not the relay...I switched them with the marker lights relay and they worked. Where would that switch be? When I turn the switch on the headlight control to turn them on the light on the dash goes on...so I am assuming that switch works. I guess I need to put a meter on the light connector and see if it is getting power. The engine has to be running in order for the fog lights to work....never heard of a problem lilke this.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:29 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The fog lights are wired so that they can only be turned on with low beam headlights. If you have high beams (brights) on the foglights won't work by design.

Some States have lighting laws that require low beams only for foglight use.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by haljensen
The fog lights are wired so that they can only be turned on with low beam headlights. If you have high beams (brights) on the foglights won't work by design.

Some States have lighting laws that require low beams only for foglight use.
Thanks...but I know that....the PROBLEM is they do NOT come on NOW. I have had the car NEW since 2008 I have 40,000 miles and drive alot at night I like the fog lights on....I had after maket "white" lights to match the low beams...I started blowing ballasts on one side .... I switched back to the OEM and NOTHING....Like I said in an earlier post....the fuse was BLOWN I replaced the fuse and nothing....does anyone have a solution?

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with Fog Lights

Quick Reply: Problem with Fog Lights