C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackout Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 PM
GSJoee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackout Help

Just installed reverse and driving light blackout acrylic on my GS. Reverse lights look great, driving lights don't look as good. Anybody have another way to blackout driving lights?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:22 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Buy a can of night shades spray tint at advance auto,the more coats you apply the darker they get.make the first coat light and wait about 15 minutes to apply additional coats to avoid runs.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Honch
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a 4x8 sheet of expanded steel mesh from Lowes for $24 and used it between the bumper and light housings.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been debating what to do on tinting my LED tail lights for the last year or so. I wouldn't do it on the factory lights since I feel it takes too much light away but it's great on the very bright LED tails.

I've seen the result of a couple of people locally who have self-tinted their tail lights and I personally did not like any of them. I could have tried spraying them on my own, but I'm just not too handy when i comes to stuff like that either. It wasn't until I saw my friends car with the tinted LED's from JWM that I knew which way I needed to go. Was it going to cost more than I really wanted to spend? Yes, but the black cherry look is exactly what I was after. At night the tinted JWM version looked really nice and didn't blind me like my stock LED's did. Plus during the day, the tinted LED's still provide a lot of light that was very easily noticed from behind. Should see them in a couple of weeks.

Good luck which ever way you decide to go.

Get notified of new replies

To Blackout Help

Quick Reply: Blackout Help