C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waxes, Polishes and Sealants - Your Favorites

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Waxes, Polishes and Sealants - Your Favorites

I've now tried a small handful of products on my Cyber Gray metallic. Figuring I'm not the only one trying different products to see which works best for our own vehicle colors. Thought it'd be cool to talk about what products folks have tried, and which ones end up being favorites.

For me (excuse any misspellings - not looking at bottles), I've tried Klasse Polish and Cleaner, Klasse Sealant, Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant, Adams Brilliant Glaze, Pinnacle Wax, Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax, Adams Americana Wax, Mequires 26 Wax, and a handful of detail sprays.

Love the Klasse Polish and Cleaner, and use that as a base when I'm starting from scratch, but can't seem to get the Klasse Sealant to not streak, so I've stopped using that.

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant is amazing, and with the Blackfire Midnight Sun - I've found my magic combo for my Cyber Gray paint. Then I use the Blackfire detail spray very lightly each day before my drive to work (hopefully I don't rub the paint off the car!)

The Adams Brilliant Glaze is very thin, and spreads so fast and works so well, I just did our white dually chevy with that, and it'll be my product of choice for the dually. I also did all the dually chrome with the Adams, and WOW. I've never cleaned so much chrome so fast with such results - it's amazing on chrome.

What are your detailing experiences (people who detail please - don't need 20 posts about how people don't agree with time spent on detailing).
Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 AM
USAF
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Carnuba.

That's all

USAF
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
duanepillar
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zaino bro's show car system. Start out with a good wash with Dawn dishwasing detergent, clay bar, the start appling polish. It takes some time to dry so I spend the bulk of a weekend doing a complete job with lots of downtime for drying. Finish is fantastic! The car looks wet when you are done.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:37 AM
BLK08C6
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also am a Zaino user. If you take your time and do it correctly it is a lot of work but is worth every minute.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:52 AM
choprfgr
Burning Brakes

ICE car wash - black car in partial sun and not one water spot.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I use Griots garage. I got the package as a gift and I love their product. Seems superior to all the product I have used before. I still am a big fan of Mequires because it's so easy to get and it's easy to use. Griots products produce amazing results. I just hate the price!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:14 AM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

after many waxes and polishes i swear by liquid glass. and talk about easy application. even the detail spray is great to work with. haven't tried the l.g. car wash yet, but thay say it prevents hard water spots. i'll be trying that some time next week. i want to give the polish enough time to cure first. the directions say 4 hours, i go longer.
The following users liked this post:
Gonzo (06-29-2016)
Old 04-15-2014, 11:30 AM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Rejex for me
Old 04-15-2014, 11:59 AM
lavla
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 180 Posts

I've tried most of them (Adam's, Zaino, Pinnacle, Black Fire, etc.) but I've come to the conclusion that Meguire's Ultimate Polish and Wax work best for me. I have a black 2013 GS and they are the easiest to use and give me the best results in the least amount of time.

I'm sure that the "wax wars" will probably never end, but as Barry Meguire says, "All of the Meguier cars are black because they are the most difficult to maintain. All of our products are tested on black cars".
Old 04-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Rejex.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Meguires NXT 2.0
Surf city carnauba paste
Mothers synthetic. I get great results with any of these.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 PM
johnny3
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Rejex & it really lasts.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:25 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by lavla
I've tried most of them (Adam's, Zaino, Pinnacle, Black Fire, etc.) but I've come to the conclusion that Meguire's Ultimate Polish and Wax work best for me. I have a black 2013 GS and they are the easiest to use and give me the best results in the least amount of time.

I'm sure that the "wax wars" will probably never end, but as Barry Meguire says, "All of the Meguier cars are black because they are the most difficult to maintain. All of our products are tested on black cars".

I hope you're right because Mequier's is what I just bought and will try soon.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM
hpclj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duanepillar
Zaino bro's show car system. Start out with a good wash with Dawn dishwasing detergent, clay bar, the start appling polish. It takes some time to dry so I spend the bulk of a weekend doing a complete job with lots of downtime for drying. Finish is fantastic! The car looks wet when you are done.
+1
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,267 Likes on 508 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Rejex.

Remember it is a sealant, not a wax. Use whatever product you like, put Rejex on over it, and drive that sucker. Bugs, bird droppings and road grime rinse right off.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:33 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by fyreline
Rejex.

Remember it is a sealant, not a wax. Use whatever product you like, put Rejex on over it, and drive that sucker. Bugs, bird droppings and road grime rinse right off.
You mean put whatever product you like over top of Rejex.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I have been an Adams user for years. First on my C5 and now my C6. Polish and waxes are a very subjective product. Almost everyone has there favorite and some switch around. I happen to like sticking with one product. I have tried a few different brands, but I happen to like how Adams goes on and comes off and how it looks.

Get notified of new replies

To Waxes, Polishes and Sealants - Your Favorites

Old 04-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Meguiar's #205 Swirl remover/polish
Meguiar's NXT 2.0...wait 24 hrs. before applying wax
Meguiar's Carnauba wax

GREAT RESULTS !!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Blazin383
Instructor

Originally Posted by harmonyp
I've now tried a small handful of products on my Cyber Gray metallic. Figuring I'm not the only one trying different products to see which works best for our own vehicle colors. Thought it'd be cool to talk about what products folks have tried, and which ones end up being favorites.

For me (excuse any misspellings - not looking at bottles), I've tried Klasse Polish and Cleaner, Klasse Sealant, Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant, Adams Brilliant Glaze, Pinnacle Wax, Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax, Adams Americana Wax, Mequires 26 Wax, and a handful of detail sprays.

Love the Klasse Polish and Cleaner, and use that as a base when I'm starting from scratch, but can't seem to get the Klasse Sealant to not streak, so I've stopped using that.

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant is amazing, and with the Blackfire Midnight Sun - I've found my magic combo for my Cyber Gray paint. Then I use the Blackfire detail spray very lightly each day before my drive to work (hopefully I don't rub the paint off the car!)

The Adams Brilliant Glaze is very thin, and spreads so fast and works so well, I just did our white dually chevy with that, and it'll be my product of choice for the dually. I also did all the dually chrome with the Adams, and WOW. I've never cleaned so much chrome so fast with such results - it's amazing on chrome.

What are your detailing experiences (people who detail please - don't need 20 posts about how people don't agree with time spent on detailing).
I started using Zaino products years ago when I had my Millennium Yellow roadster! I was so impressed that I immediately ordered more when I picked up my Torch Red GS. I've put 3 coats on now a week apart and I still think it's the best! However, I've recently read a little on Chadwick 's polish, and it sounds enticing.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by harmonyp

I have used the Klasse twins for a long time. The trick with the sealant is to use very small amount spread out thinly let dry then wipe with a light mist of detail spray, if necessary.

I like the Sonus Spritz for this.

Protection seems to be never ending. I will Sprits weekly and maybe monthly use the Sonus Glanz.

This all follows an 8-12 month redo from claying ( I prefer the Nanoskin system) to the Klasse AOI then 3 coats of the sealant.

Car always looks and feels protected. Never machined polished and Yes I do have some light scratches. Good enough for my Drive, Anymore work and I would want to never drive it.

Nothing really adheres to the car too badly.

Try the lighter coats and us the detail spray for help in removal of the sealant.

I have only had some initial problems in the very beginning of this products use.

Now it's use is predictable. Cool car is essential too. First thing in the morning.

Might be some other products just as good but I am well acquainted with Klasse and remain satisfied.

Finishkar 425 is another great product. More of a detailer though with little protection benefits. It does leave a great gloss and smooth finish.

I use the Sonus products with the Klasse twins because they were formulated to be enhance the acrylic sealant in looks and protection.

Not so sure when using the 424 if a followed application of the Glanz would be beneficial protection wise. Too bad too cause I really like the 425.

I have applied a pure carnauba wax too over the Klasse and on my Machine Silver color looks softer and a little deeper, not so glossy.

A different look but reapplication monthly of the acrylic Glanz would be more trouble than it is worth.

Quick Reply: Waxes, Polishes and Sealants - Your Favorites