C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Tips for Spring Mountain

Heading to Spring Mountain next week. Any tips for dining or maximizing experience?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 PM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jksvet
Heading to Spring Mountain next week. Any tips for dining or maximizing experience?

Thanks
There is a winery in town that also has a restaurant that is excellent. I can't recall the name but all the staff know about it and recommend it.

Practice your heel & toe down shifting technique. It takes a while to get it to be second nature.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:37 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Cat
There is a winery in town that also has a restaurant that is excellent. I can't recall the name but all the staff know about it and recommend it.

Practice your heel & toe down shifting technique. It takes a while to get it to be second nature.
I guess Im one of the ones who will never get the heel toe technique . But take advantage of the many Buffets in Vegas and theres a few in Pahrump . Also the best Sandwich Ive ever had was made at the Deli in the K mart shopping center. I was there in 2005 so go accordingly. No guarantee anything is still there. Your going to have a ball . Don't take it too seriously just have fun. Once you get it thru your head that theres lots you don't know and wont learn in one trip youll be fine.

Clif
Old 04-26-2014, 01:55 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Cat

It's Symphony restaurant at the Pahrump Winery. It's less than 10 minutes from the track, very nice people, excellent food and fair prices. Great place, we go there every night for dinner, but if you're in a Condo and want to do your own cooking, there's a big grocery store right up the road towards Pahrump, can't recall which, but it's a nice store. If you have a GoPro bring it, lots of time to get great video. Lots of fun, just listen in the classroom, apply what they teach and enjoy. The 3 days go by way too fast, I can't wait to get back to try the C7's and the new course.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:55 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Take a GoPro camera but learn how to use it before you get there. The GoPro is a must. You're going to have a great time.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:14 PM
fourarmo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have a c7 go online and make sure you understand the different suspension settings. The DIC can even time your laps, which they won't do for level one students, which is a fun way to chart your progress. Don't feel like you need to be practicing heel toe, cause it's hard to find a place to do it (you need to be braking hard) and the new car does it for you. Have fun!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:44 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Look FAR ahead.. and think SMOOTH.. everything else comes easily if you do both of those...HAVE A BLAST!!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:04 PM
wrecker3
Melting Slicks

Received 1,471 Likes on 742 Posts

I took my son as a guest and he had a great time too. He was able to take the class but not drive. And was able to ride with the instructors. He also took over 180 photos over the 2 days. Also bring SD cards for the PDR.

Get notified of new replies

To Tips for Spring Mountain

Quick Reply: Tips for Spring Mountain