C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:57 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
Haven't received anything in mail yet regarding recall.
Any day now. Probably the same day as the check air bag light recall.

Last edited by VET4LES; 09-20-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:04 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Any day now. Probably the same day as the check air light recall.
What is check air light?
Old 09-20-2014, 09:58 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
What is check air bag light?
I left out bag.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:03 PM
kellf190
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This recall came out in the middle of May. As many have stated our letters said the dealers did not have the parts and we would be notified when they did. As I understand this they add a jumper wire on the back of the fuse box?

It now the middle of September, 4 months since the recall.

That must be some special jumper lead!!! And/or they are in no hurry to fix our cars!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Mary2012GS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Still No RECALL Notice

Still haven't received any Recall on my husband's 2007 C6 headlights. We did get a Recall for our 2011 GMC Terrain Power Seats yesterday. Still patiently waiting like most everyone to be notified on the C6. Thank goodness the 2012 Grand Sport has nothing yet!
Old 09-28-2014, 05:01 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by kellf190
This recall came out in the middle of May. As many have stated our letters said the dealers did not have the parts and we would be notified when they did. As I understand this they add a jumper wire on the back of the fuse box?

That must be some special jumper lead!!! And/or they are in no hurry to fix our cars!
Good question… I still haven't got a letter for my 2006. It's been over 2 months that I started having this problem and after doing a little research on the web found out that GM has been aware of this problem possibly as far back as 2011? Yet when you contact someone in a local dealer's service department they play dumb…, "What recall? This is the first I've heard of this…?" With this kind of treatment, I'm having second thoughts on buying a C7 in the future… Imagine having to tell someone, "I can drive it, but I have to be home before it gets dark… no headlights." Embarrassing...

Last edited by Tom_Slick; 09-28-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Arkay
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by j-budimlya
I need to watch this too....2008 with no problems yet
2008 Corvette Recall Announced

GM has announced a recall for certain 2008 Corvettes. On certain 2008 models, the keyless access system may become inoperative at times. The doors may not automatically lock or unlock, and the vehicle may not start. The Driver Information Center (DIC) will also display a "No Fobs Detected" message.

If this occurs to you, you can lock or unlock the doors by pushing the buttons on the keyless access transmitter. The vehicle can be started by placing the transmitter in the glove box transmitter pocket with the buttons facing towards the passenger's side. Then, with the vehicle in Park for an Automatic, press the brake pedal and the vehicle start button. If you have a manual transmission, press the clutch and start button.

The following VIN breaks (last 8 of the VIN) are affected: 85105302 to 85106987.

Schedule a repair with your dealer, do not just take your vehicle in - just in case they do not have the part available for your repair, because this will not be a quick repair. GM is estimating that it will take over an hour to repair the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) which is what is at faul

---------

I am SOL as my 2008 has a VIN 85101522 lower than the affected numbers
Old 09-29-2014, 07:01 PM
kellf190
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom_Slick
Good question… I still haven't got a letter for my 2006. It's been over 2 months that I started having this problem and after doing a little research on the web found out that GM has been aware of this problem possibly as far back as 2011? Yet when you contact someone in a local dealer's service department they play dumb…, "What recall? This is the first I've heard of this…?" With this kind of treatment, I'm having second thoughts on buying a C7 in the future… Imagine having to tell someone, "I can drive it, but I have to be home before it gets dark… no headlights." Embarrassing...
I currently own two GM vehicles, both have active safety recalls and for both the dealers have no parts. My 06 C6 and a 07 Trailblazer. The Trailblazer can catch fire in the drivers door and they recommend not to park it inside a garage until it is fixed.
I just ordered my next vehicle and it is NOT made by GM!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:11 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

[QUOTE=SCcues;1586905170]I cringe at the thought of some of the service guys at large dealerships who don't care working on my car. The largest Chevy dealer in my area showed me what kind of work they do on some of my other cars and it was sad. I know good qualified mechanics are hard to come by for a large dealer ship and your chances of getting the best man there to work on your car are not that good. So you end up with someone (in some cases) who doesn't do the work right.[/QUOTE

But what else can you do, if its a factory recall then that's a GM dealer to do the work right. Unless you personally know a wrench at a dealership whom you like your stuck
NSF
Old 10-15-2014, 01:55 AM
FlyBono24
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kellf190

It's October ****ing 15th and still NO notice. I'm still driving around with headlights half the time.

**** this company, I'm done with them.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:53 AM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyBono24
It's October ****ing 15th and still NO notice. I'm still driving around with headlights half the time.

**** this company, I'm done with them.
Not to defend GM because they have known about this so long that a fix should have been released years ago, howevere there is zero reason anybody should be waiting on the recall. There is a very simple, cheap, and proven realiable fix already provided by this board's members that anybody can perform themselves. We should all send GM a bill for our time spent!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:36 PM
Jayhawk62
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone taken their Corvette (2006 here) and asked for the repair? Were you/they charged?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:48 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Going to be interesting to see if get a notice. Have moved so
much doubt they have a clue how to find my car. last time
had the oil changed was 2010. So know they do have a current.
Car has maybe 2,000 miles since 2010. Put a Wal Mart battery
in a couple of month ago to start up. Ran fine no resetting
Old 10-24-2014, 02:02 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default GM doesn't care!

GM doesn't care that is why it has not been fixed. It makes sense, GM cannot handle a small wire that you can get at any hardware store. GM doesn't have sense or ability to get a small wire to fix it, just think about the rest of the car, to difficult on any other part or default. Why is this manufacture still in business, Congress? Do you think the Congressmen's cars are fixed, probably so? GM wants another bail out! Fire them all before they kill more innocent people!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Timothy Barth
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
GM doesn't care that is why it has not been fixed. It makes sense, GM cannot handle a small wire that you can get at any hardware store. GM doesn't have sense or ability to get a small wire to fix it, just think about the rest of the car, to difficult on any other part or default. Why is this manufacture still in business, Congress? Do you think the Congressmen's cars are fixed, probably so? GM wants another bail out! Fire them all before they kill more innocent people!
Do congressmen own GM cars? I also doubt GM getting another bailout if it comes to that.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 PM
hiperfman
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Suppliers of dirty oil for 50 years Oilberta/ In Mex enjoying the winter.
Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Cybernetic Medic
My biggest concern is I don't want them working on my car.
Don't get it fixed & drive around till something major happens - no problem
Old 11-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
So GM says the problem is still an issue on 08-13 but won't fix them unless there is a problem which means I lost my headlights at night. I hope our GM customer rep chimes in. This may be the last GM car I own. Even their new trucks have issues such as tie rods falling off because their union employee didn't do their job.
This is the last GM car I will own. I am for buying American.....but....GM is the king of sweeping their failures under the rug and hoping know one calls them on it. Once enough people die they react.

Get notified of new replies

To * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Old 11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
kellf190
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
This is the last GM car I will own. I am for buying American.....but....GM is the king of sweeping their failures under the rug and hoping know one calls them on it. Once enough people die they react.
I have ordered my next car and it is not from GM.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:26 AM
mgtr
Pro

Would be very interesting to see recalls by maker. Wonder if the Germans and Japanese are really so much better than US.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:55 AM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,031 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Drive an 07

Quick Reply: * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *