C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 10:25 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbeaux
Thanks!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:41 AM
myfunz
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Brought my car in for inspection oil change and the recall, after discussing that the inspection must be done first. I left the dealership with just and oil change and the recall performed.

Last edited by myfunz; 07-23-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:35 AM
erj3erj3
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No Keys (Except Emergency one for rear)

Originally Posted by TomcatMF
I think that recall only applies to the C5 since the C6 doesn't have a key ignition.
Worship the FOB,,, Hack the FOB.....
Old 10-29-2015, 02:29 PM
C4C5C6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight/Fuse Box Recall

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread so apologize if this has already been posted.

I'll be doing the fix on my C6.

Is there a post on the forum with detailed info on how to fix this and what wire needs to be removed and replaced... or what needs to be done.

Thanks guys.

C4C5C6
Old 10-29-2015, 06:51 PM
tjwor
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured I'd throw in my ongoing experience getting my recalls taken care of on my 08 3LT.

I took my car in last Wednesday, 8 days ago for the standard Cat & Headlight recalls, along with an oil change. (This was 2 1/2 weeks after my first appointment I showed up for when the parts weren't in and they had never contacted me.)

They called me last Friday to let me know they were finished up. I headed over to get my car, jumped in, and fired it up. First thing I noticed was my seat was way out of place, no big deal, except the seat wouldn't move.

I looked down at the DIC and notice all sorts of codes going. Check ABS, check fuel system, other things I believe. I looked through the different monitors and everything was showing XX. The radio/nav head unit would not turn on.

I turned the car off and was unable to get out without using the emergency release. They took the car back to the shop while I waited for around an hour. They told me they didn't know what was wrong with it and would need to keep it over the weekend.

I spoke to the Monday, they said they thought it would be done by Tuesday morning. I had to head out of town on business and let them know I would need it by noon on Tuesday. They called at 10 Tuesday morning to let me know they still had not sorted out the problem, but they think it is a wiring issue.

I've been gone the rest of the week, headed back home now, still have heard nothing from them. I will be calling first thing in the morning and hopefully get my car back after what was supposed to be a couple of simple recalls.

Seems like I'm the only one who has ran into issues with either of these recalls...
Old 10-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwor
I figured I'd throw in my ongoing experience getting my recalls taken care of on my 08 3LT.

I took my car in last Wednesday, 8 days ago for the standard Cat & Headlight recalls, along with an oil change. (This was 2 1/2 weeks after my first appointment I showed up for when the parts weren't in and they had never contacted me.)

They called me last Friday to let me know they were finished up. I headed over to get my car, jumped in, and fired it up. First thing I noticed was my seat was way out of place, no big deal, except the seat wouldn't move.

I looked down at the DIC and notice all sorts of codes going. Check ABS, check fuel system, other things I believe. I looked through the different monitors and everything was showing XX. The radio/nav head unit would not turn on.

I turned the car off and was unable to get out without using the emergency release. They took the car back to the shop while I waited for around an hour. They told me they didn't know what was wrong with it and would need to keep it over the weekend.

I spoke to the Monday, they said they thought it would be done by Tuesday morning. I had to head out of town on business and let them know I would need it by noon on Tuesday. They called at 10 Tuesday morning to let me know they still had not sorted out the problem, but they think it is a wiring issue.

I've been gone the rest of the week, headed back home now, still have heard nothing from them. I will be calling first thing in the morning and hopefully get my car back after what was supposed to be a couple of simple recalls.

Seems like I'm the only one who has ran into issues with either of these recalls...
Bummer, I would be more than a little ticked off.

Good luck with a positive outcome from this point on.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:50 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwor

Need new battery?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

Received 153 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Got it.

So the engine bay fuse box is susceptible to heat damage.

Might be time to get some heat shield on this unit to avoid problems.
I think that recall was for 07 and below c6s... some older fellow across town has an 05 silver c6, and one of the daytime lights were off, hahahahahaha! Yea but he got it fixed since the recall free repair shiz. I remember looking at carfax and a recall was not issued on 08, so im good.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Skanlez
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Not what this says. 2005-2007 will be fixed under recall, but 2008-2013 will be fixed under customer satisfaction coverage.

GM is also recalling 111,889 Chevrolet Corvettes from the 2005-07 model years for possible loss of low-beam headlamp operation in the wake of several hundred complaints. GM is also extending customer satisfaction coverage for 2008-13 Corvette cars, but not issuing a recall.
So will I be able to bring in my 2006 C6Z and have GM replace under the recall?
Old 12-27-2015, 11:45 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jaime-Corvette
I think that recall was for 07 and below c6s... some older fellow across town has an 05 silver c6, and one of the daytime lights were off, hahahahahaha! Yea but he got it fixed since the recall free repair shiz. I remember looking at carfax and a recall was not issued on 08, so im good.
Back in 2005 when I took delivery of my car two weeks later one of the day time running lights went out. I had to order a new bulb which took weeks to come in.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:12 PM
stymie222
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C6 Recall Repair

Originally Posted by Jayhawk62
Has anyone taken their Corvette (2006 here) and asked for the repair? Were you/they charged?
Took my 2005 C6 in for recall repair- No Charge.
Just a warning-
I caught the mechanic working on my car without any fender protection. He even had tools on my fender.
I take great care and spend hours detailing and wound up with minor swirls and scratches.
I blasted their service manager for not following basic customer care.
My car is just as important as the C7 in the showroom.
Will never trust them again.

Last edited by stymie222; 03-24-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:06 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Had my 06 vert headlamp wire recall done. Tech never did one and had it done in 48 min..
Good tech, that has been with gm for 30 plus years.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by stymie222
Just a warning-
I caught the mechanic working on my car without any fender protection. He even had tools on my fender.
I take great care and spend hours detailing and wound up with minor swirls and scratches.
These complaints have been going on for years. No one at any Chevy stealership cares about your 'vette. It's been a crap shoot and always will be...your car is just as important to them as their bottom of the line SPARK...you are an ******* for saying anything to them...why...because you own a 'vette...and that makes you an *******!!!
The following users liked this post:
stymie222 (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 08:31 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Just a warning-
Which Chevrolet dealership did this?
stymie222 (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Jaime-Corvette
Drifting

Received 153 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by ufso
These complaints have been going on for years. No one at any Chevy stealership cares about your 'vette. It's been a crap shoot and always will be...your car is just as important to them as their bottom of the line SPARK...you are an ******* for saying anything to them...why...because you own a 'vette...and that makes you an *******!!!
If i cought them doing that crap to any car i own i would do the same thing. But i would be more pissed if it were in my vette. Yes because corvette thats why. Either way i wouldn't let them get away with dings and scratches, those *******s hell i would even take good care of someone elses vette wtf

Last edited by Jaime-Corvette; 03-24-2016 at 08:37 PM.
stymie222 (03-24-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 10:29 PM
stymie222
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Which Dealership

[QUOTE=LS WON;1591847478]Which Chevrolet dealership did this?[/QUOTE

Bob Hembree Chevrolet, Guntersville AL
LS WON (03-26-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Skanlez
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Question. So what you guys are saying, I can bring in my 2006 Corvette Z06 and have this recall taken care of without any cost to me?

Get notified of new replies

To * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *

Old 03-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Frosty4x4
Instructor

Just a warning-
They gave the FOB to a Thug who drove her around back, where I went, and he threw the FOB on the roof. Service manage hasn't come out of the his office for a week. They feed him under the door!!!
Old 04-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Bluevet2006
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recall

Originally Posted by TomcatMF
I think that recall only applies to the C5 since the C6 doesn't have a key ignition.
I just had at the Chevy dealership 2006 C6 and they did the recall. Get it done guys that is dangerous and locks up with no warning.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:38 PM
ROYSTOLL2
5th Gear

They just recalled hydraulic clutch failure-pedal goes to floor after it blows all the fluid out. recall sent 9.15 mine is 2009 6-speed LS3. extended warranty on it 10 years 120,000 miles

Quick Reply: * * * * GM Recall does include C6s (MERGED) * * * *