C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 GS in Competition Mode question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:33 AM
CheckSix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 GS in Competition Mode question...

mn6 car... without magnetic ride control.

I read the manual and it is lacking information.

I assume if the front wheels are straight, with the clutch pedal all the way in and I swiftly go to WOT... it should hold about 4000 rpm, until I release the clutch for a launch... but here's the question: Does it also have No Lift Shift, as long as I stay in WOT? I could not find this in the owner's manual.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by CheckSix
mn6 car... without magnetic ride control.

I read the manual and it is lacking information.

I assume if the front wheels are straight, with the clutch pedal all the way in and I swiftly go to WOT... it should hold about 4000 rpm, until I release the clutch for a launch... but here's the question: Does it also have No Lift Shift, as long as I stay in WOT? I could not find this in the owner's manual.
I have "no lift" shifted with the launch control on.

Meaning, I did all the things to allow you to hold the gas petal to the floor, let the revs settle in around 4k, dumped the clutch, never lifted the gas, popped the clutch, grabbed the next gear, and kept going, thru the 1/4 mile run. I shifted at around 6k, and the revs never went above 6,500.

It sounded mean, barked the tires good between shifts (it was on Orlando Speedway drag strip), and I only did it once, because I did not want to find out what happened if I missed a shift.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Seadawg

Meaning, I did all the things to allow you to hold the gas petal to the floor, let the revs settle in around 4k, dumped the clutch, never lifted the gas, popped the clutch, grabbed the next gear, and kept going, thru the 1/4 mile run. I shifted at around 6k, and the revs never went above 6,500.

It sounded mean, barked the tires good between shifts (it was on Orlando Speedway drag strip), and I only did it once, because I did not want to find out what happened if I missed a shift.
I'm thinking the rev limiter should protect the engine.
Should...
Old 05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 881 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadawg

You're keeping us in suspense. What did it run?
Old 05-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by TxLefty
You're keeping us in suspense. What did it run?
Haha, it was not good, it was my very first run at the track, and my GS for that matter. My mph's were OK in my mind, but you can see the times are way off.

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 GS in Competition Mode question...

Quick Reply: 2013 GS in Competition Mode question...