C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror courtesy lights issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 11:30 AM
c1j1c2
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Mirror courtesy lights issue

Just wanted to let you know about a problem that I've been having for almost a year and just figured out.

Scenario: Open car doors or many other attributes that should turn on the courtesy lights on bottom side of mirror, but they don't turn on, though all other courtesy lights in car turn on. Can push the button on the mirror to turn on the courtesy lights and they come on. Push reostat button to turn on inside courtesy lights but mirror lights don't turn on.

Possible Attributes/Causes: LED lights in courtesy lamps; easy power radar cord attached to mirror; many other LED lights in car

Solution: Plug in back of mirror was loose just enough to allow courtesy lamps to manually be turned on, but not turn on when door was opened. Pushed main plug fully into socket on mirror and issue resolved. (It was by mere chance my daughter was in the car and moved my mirror, making me re-adjust back and see the lights flicker and figure it out.)

Benefits: No more extra grey hair being created from not being able to figure this out. Hope this helps others that may encounter the same issue.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Glad you figured this out, yourself.

Kind of issue you experienced can & often does result in much time & money tracking down, you got lucky. Might take your bride out for dinner with the money you've saved yourself.

Quick Reply: Mirror courtesy lights issue