C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius/XM

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 AM
trying2seek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Sirius/XM

Just a quick thanks to this forum and the threads posted on Sirius XM I was able to renew my subscription for $89+tax.. Yes its somewhat of a pain and you have to threaten cancel but its worth it to me to renew at a much lower price.. Thanks
Old 05-20-2014, 12:37 PM
bonnell
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I do this every year. Its like dickering with a used car sales guy. I have the same deal that you have for my CTS and, after reading a thread here a couple of months ago, I called about my 2008 vert and told them it is a weekend driver and that I'd like the $24.99 special for six months. The XM person ended up giving it to me. I wouldn't have turned it on otherwise.

Like you, I found good info here on the forum and used it to my advantage.

BTW: I also followed suit from members here in that I only allow a credit card payment for a single charge. They are not allowed to renew my subscription using my CC.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:48 PM
jnrandall
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was only able to get them down to $99 + tax but I paid with a check. I refuse to give them a credit card.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:16 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnrandall
I refuse to give them a credit card.
That's the only way to deal with those folks. A lot like dealing with the #%$^& cable company. They always seem to have a better deal or special offer. Drives me crazy.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:55 PM
GaryPitts
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I've done the $25 for 5 or 6 months since I bought my Sky back in 2009. You have to call more frequently, but you save more money. It's not as bad as it used to be where they'd have to transfer you a couple of times before you got someone that could give you the deal. Now the person that answers can do it if you just keep saying no until they get to the $25 offer. Sometimes it's for 5 months and sometimes for 6, but either way I'm good with it.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:57 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I was only able to get them down to $99 + tax but I paid with a check. I refuse to give them a credit card.
Good call...not to give them a card.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:32 PM
JAsVette
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

I have to say honestly that besides saving a few bucks, I don't get the need to try to get a Sirius/XM subscription rate lower than what the actual cost is. Is this a male right of passage type thing....to bend over backwards to get a price down, like negotiating a better price on a car so that you can brag how clever and macho you are? Chances are you spent anywhere between $30k and $50K+ for your Vette so is another $100 going to break your bank? How many of you....like me...purchased Lloyds floor matts for $150 without blinking an eye? It's a floor matt for heavens sakes! Personally I love Sirius/XM and without it, my hour drive to work would be deadly, even in a Vette. To me, it's well the worth the advertised subscription rate. By the way....no, I'm not rich and I don't work for Sirius/XM. I'm amazed that Sirius/XM allows this "gray area" of renewing subscriptions at a lower price to go on. And, ask yourselves if it's fair that while you were able to find a loop hole to get a better price, other people who don't try to cheat the system pays the price that's advertised.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
velocity c6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was getting calls from them for along time trying to get me to sign up. Then after going around with them for months trying to get best deal and them telling me I had my free trial Dec thru Feb!! WTF?? Trying to tell them that my corvette doesn't go well in 3 feet of snow and was in storage for 5 months did no good. Finally told them to go fly a kite in a lightning storm and to never contact me again! What a bunch of tards! Bought adapter so I can plug my phone in and listen to Pandora for free!! Plus have a radio that is free. And a CD player too. Think I will stick with free music. Already getting bent over by the phone company. Might as well get my money's worth out of them!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAsVette
I have to say honestly that besides saving a few bucks, I don't get the need to try to get a Sirius/XM subscription rate lower than what the actual cost is. Is this a male right of passage type thing....to bend over backwards to get a price down, like negotiating a better price on a car so that you can brag how clever and macho you are? Chances are you spent anywhere between $30k and $50K+ for your Vette so is another $100 going to break your bank? How many of you....like me...purchased Lloyds floor matts for $150 without blinking an eye? It's a floor matt for heavens sakes! Personally I love Sirius/XM and without it, my hour drive to work would be deadly, even in a Vette. To me, it's well the worth the advertised subscription rate. By the way....no, I'm not rich and I don't work for Sirius/XM. I'm amazed that Sirius/XM allows this "gray area" of renewing subscriptions at a lower price to go on. And, ask yourselves if it's fair that while you were able to find a loop hole to get a better price, other people who don't try to cheat the system pays the price that's advertised.

who's "cheating the system"?

many things we purchase are negotiable in price, and it makes good sense to get the best deal for your money.

if you pay full price, that's your loss.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM
RobLo
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 289 Likes on 193 Posts

If they just charged everyone the same $89 plus they could probably get rid of all the Pakistani's they have working in the cancellation department!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

They created this scenario themselves by offering discounted rates to anybody who tried to cancel.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 PM
cclive
Team Owner

We have to remember that this is an unusual business in that once they invest the money in their infrastructure, it costs them essentially nothing to provide the service to additional customers. Every new or renewed customer is almost 100% profit.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

They will still try to stick you with an automatic renewal and will send you a bill for it.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:50 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Sirius/XM or Root Canal???? Hmmmmmm
Old 05-21-2014, 01:38 AM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

WOW and Seriously?.....do you work for this company?....What pray tell is the matter with the concept of "getting the best bang for your buck?"....If these XM people charged a reasonable rate in the first place....one wouldn't have to go thru the hassle.... or if they were somewhat up front about pricing....next thing you will tell us is that you paid full bore/sticker price for your Vette, cause it was the "right thing to do"..... Jeeze...
Really?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:48 AM
KC-Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PatriotZ
WOW and Seriously?.....do you work for this company?....What pray tell is the matter with the concept of "getting the best bang for your buck?"....If these XM people charged a reasonable rate in the first place....one wouldn't have to go thru the hassle.... or if they were somewhat up front about pricing....next thing you will tell us is that you paid full bore/sticker price for your Vette, cause it was the "right thing to do"..... Jeeze...
Really?
...I have 12k miles on my 2010 GS...The car sits more than it it's driven. Why pay "subscription rate" for three thousand miles a year?

I buy my steaks when they are on sale, and load up on them too, am I bad consumer too?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:07 AM
retaf
Racer

Well good for you! I'm retired and drive my corvette twice a week maybe a total of forty miles or so. I listen to mostly talk radio on FM and Fox news on Sirius and once in a while some music. I can take it or leave it, but wouldn't renew at the full price....

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius/XM

Old 05-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Just renewed for my wife's CR-V. Got the $89 deal (actually $103.22
when you include the taxes, royalty fee and invoice fee).
This time was the easiest. They offered the same deal I have been getting right off the bat. No BS..this time.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Please explain this "loop hole"? Nothing wrong about asking for a better price. If you don't ask you will never know.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:43 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
Sirius/XM or Root Canal???? Hmmmmmm
Tough decision...let me think about it a bit....

Quick Reply: Sirius/XM