C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashtronix, SAH and STC - here we go again...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Default Dashtronix, SAH and STC - here we go again...

I thought I would ask here but I think I know the answer.

A bit of background first.

09 Vert and when I first got it I installed a Dashtronix Radar Projector with my V1. I had it installed over a year and it worked flawlessly. After about a year, I started getting Service Active Handling, Service Traction Control and a variety of other wierd electrical problems.

Long story short, the dealer diagnosed that the Dashtronix was sending some garbage on the BUS and various modules, like BCM could not communicate with the ECM and Tranny Control Module, etc. throwing all kinds of codes. Codes indicated that the modules could not communicate with each other through the bus. Solution - simple enough, unplug Dashtronix and all problems go away.

I send the unit back to Dashtronix and they put it in their Vette and could not make it happen. They were excellent to me and sent me a brand new replacement unit for no charge even though the one I had was more than a year old. I install the new unit and all problems are gone. I assume the old unit was defective even though Dashtronix said it was fine.

Fast forward to today. Second unit has worked flawlessly for over a year.

I see that Dashtronix have sold the Radar Projector to another (forum) vendor.

It has been over a year and today the SAH STC messages comes back. I unplug the Dashtronix from the OBD2 connector and all the messages go away.

Kind of odd that the Dashtronix works perfectly about a year and then needs to be replaced?

I guess I will just eliminate the Dashtronix and power the V1 by itself. Not sure I want to pay for a $250 Dashtronix every year.

Anyone else ever have problems like this with a Dashtronix? Dashtronix last time said they never heard of this happening.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had the Dashtronix system installed for over 3 years with no issues. The new owner is Sunset Orange Creations.

Quick Reply: Dashtronix, SAH and STC - here we go again...