C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest cat-back system for our C6s ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Ahzuz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Loudest cat-back system for our C6s ?

With stock headers,etc.

I was thinking B&B Bullet, what do you guys think ?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:46 AM
ammtzmtz
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with Corsa Extreme

Old 06-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Ahzuz
Instructor

Originally Posted by ammtzmtz
Do you have the full exhaust with the corsa x-pipe or just catback?
Old 06-21-2014, 11:20 AM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Take a look at SLP Loudmouth. Also a straight through design no restrictions.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Old school Flowmasters for me…

Old 06-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have B&B Bullets with stock everything else, and absolutely love them. Have had others, including NPP, love the B&B Bullets the best by far ...and they look the best too.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Highway speeds, which are almost always is great too, not too loud at all, but punch it and it does sound fabulous.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Ahzuz
Instructor

Silverado do you have the ovale or round tips? Any sound clips ?how easy/long/fit was the install process?

Thanks and glad to hear you love them i think my choice is made!

Any other inputs appreciated aswell.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:43 PM
ammtzmtz
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahzuz
Do you have the full exhaust with the corsa x-pipe or just catback?
Just the catback and it sounds just like the Corsa video I posted. Plus the fit is awesome! All four tips are almost perfectly spaced and centered which covers the exhaust area on the Vette nicely. I went with the black diamond finish just like the one in the video.

Last edited by ammtzmtz; 06-21-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ahzuz
Silverado do you have the ovale or round tips? Any sound clips ?how easy/long/fit was the install process?

Thanks and glad to hear you love them i think my choice is made!

Round tips. No sound clips, but girlfriend loves them. Install is the same as any. On a lift is best, but if not, lift the rear of the car. Drop the rear sway bar, and wiggle the old ones off, and wiggle the new ones on. The tips are 4" and look great.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Silverado Desperado
Drifting

I have ridden in a C6 with this exhaust that had headers with cats and I can tell you it was much louder. With my stock exhaust manifolds and stock cats it sounds just right to me. Quiet enough on the highway, not too loud, driving through the gears sounds great, nice and aggressive, but punch and it roars really nicely.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:16 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Axle back, not cat back...Bullets and Xtreme are probably the loudest and look best. SLP and Borla are a little behind but both tips are hideous.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:44 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

SLP Loudmouth 1 and B&B Bullets are the loudest by far.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Axle back, not cat back...Bullets and Xtreme are probably the loudest and look best. SLP and Borla are a little behind but both tips are hideous.
wth...what wrong with my tips
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM
JakeC6Racing
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an SLP loudmouth I and its very loud. Actually I'll be taking it off next weekend and putting on a Corsa sport and I'll be putting it up for sale
Old 06-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Bradysdad
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I went with B&B PRT axle back mufflers with 4" Black Oval. Love the sound and this is the third Vette I have had with them. Had Corsas on one of my Vettes and while nice, not as nice IMO as the PRT.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Biggest sound dampers on the C6 is the stock cat's/OEM manofolds. Changing out to long tube heads, and high flow cats makes the most tone difference in any muffler system down line.

From there, it becomes a matter of tone that is coming out of the pipes.

Yes, you can straight pipe, but lets face it, your vet is going to sound like a trash truck going down the street.

For me since I am a huge V10/V12 sound guy, the Corsa systems has the perfect note of that type of rasp/tone, without any droning.

From there, you get into Borla system, that have that more glass pack sound of American muscle cars of the past without droning (the new models), but it is verging on sounding like boarder line track truck/straight piped truck.

Then you have the rest of the systems, and let face it, it no so much a matter of tone (not longer in the tech rasp kind of tone), but just how bad the system is going to do drone instead.

If you are looking for a BB or Flowmaster system, then should be able to pick one up on the cheap that someone just ripped off there car almost brand new, since they could no longer live with the amount of droning they produce.

To be blunt, if all you want is loud, then either straight pipe the system, or just drill and pull the fiberglass packing out the stock mufflers. If on the other hand, if it the perfect tone, then know know why the preferences are either Corsa or Borla, since neither of these will drone.

Last edited by Dano523; 06-22-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Loudest cat-back system for our C6s ?

Old 06-22-2014, 02:47 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeC6Racing
I have an SLP loudmouth I and its very loud. Actually I'll be taking it off next weekend and putting on a Corsa sport and I'll be putting it up for sale
This is my experience that SLP Loudmouth is beyond the shadow of a doubt the loudest God D@mn exhaust system offered. It is not a muffler system but a "LOUDENER" system I swear.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:01 AM
Ahzuz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dano523
Biggest sound dampers on the C6 is the stock cat's/OEM manofolds. Changing out to long tube heads, and high flow cats makes the most tone difference in any muffler system down line.

From there, it becomes a matter of tone that is coming out of the pipes.

Yes, you can straight pipe, but lets face it, your vet is going to sound like a trash truck going down the street.

For me since I am a huge V10/V12 sound guy, the Corsa systems has the perfect note of that type of rasp/tone, without any droning.

From there, you get into Borla system, that have that more glass pack sound of American muscle cars of the past without droning (the new models), but it is verging on sounding like boarder line track truck/straight piped truck.

Then you have the rest of the systems, and let face it, it no so much a matter of tone (not longer in the tech rasp kind of tone), but just how bad the system is going to do drone instead.

If you are looking for a BB or Flowmaster system, then should be able to pick one up on the cheap that someone just ripped off there car almost brand new, since they could no longer live with the amount of droning they produce.

To be blunt, if all you want is loud, then either straight pipe the system, or just drill and pull the fiberglass packing out the stock mufflers. If on the other hand, if it the perfect tone, then know know why the preferences are either Corsa or Borla, since neither of these will drone.
Ya, by loudest I didn't mean the absolute loudest possible, this is dumb and i dont want to **** everyone off. I want a clean, Corvette-like loud sound. Because I hear so many Corvette here who are very quiet (mine included) and I hate it. We have a 6.0L beast that only want to scream and all we hear is nothing. This is the essence of my question.

Looks like the BB Bullet is still ahead, but is the BB Bullet loud only because there is no mufflers attached to it ? Or is it also because of the shape and the material used in the pipes ?

VS those Corsas who still have mufflers :

Is this why the BB Bullet is just louder, beacuse of the lack of mufflers ?

Thanks again.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Ahzuz
Instructor

Oh wow, I just saw that the SLP Loudmouth (650$) are almost half price of the BB Bullet (1200$).

SLP Loudmouth has the lead right now, I love the sound aswell.

Quick Reply: Loudest cat-back system for our C6s ?