C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 velocity yellow rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:11 PM
ufae82
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 velocity yellow rear spoiler

Hey Folks, Just joined and just got my bucket list c6 last month. I like the matching to car color rear spoiler but have heard getting one to match the car is difficult. Car has been garage and paint looks like new. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 07:11 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the bucket list find !!! there are a couple of vendors on this forum who could supply ... Check them out ...
Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 AM
duanepillar
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ufae82
Hey Folks, Just joined and just got my bucket list c6 last month. I like the matching to car color rear spoiler but have heard getting one to match the car is difficult. Car has been garage and paint looks like new. Any suggestions?
Thanks
I have a color match rear spoiler and it is close but not perfect. I spoke with my local GM body shop and they told me the only real way to get a perfect match is to paint the entire rear clip with the spoiler included. Velocity yellow changes with the light angle so much it is hard to match.
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2014, 11:58 AM
SPROKET6
Advanced

Velocity Yellow can vary even on the same car. My top and headlights for example are different shades. Its not obvious but you can see it. My understanding is that these parts come to assembly directly from various contractors already painted and there is some variance there. There is a great deal of information about this in the paint and body forum. In your case I think you will be fine with an off the shelf spoiler purchase because that part will not be 'butt matching'. In other words the differently painted panels will not be directly adjoining in the same visual plane so the match is less perceptible.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:44 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ufae82
Thanks
I bought a Ron Fellows GM Race spoiler and it matches good. Lighting and shadows can make it look a different color. But sunlight makes it all the same color.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 PM
redvetteman97
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I bought mine from Gm parts direct color is very good I have 2009 and u cant tell at all
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 AM
ufae82
6th Gear

Thanks for all the input. I bought a license plate frame and spoiler and handles. License plate frame matches the car very well but even after getting a scecond set of spoiler and handles I was wasn't happy. they were after market parts. I ordered a GM painted spoiler and haven't got it yet but I'm hoping for the best.

Get notified of new replies

To 06 velocity yellow rear spoiler

Quick Reply: 06 velocity yellow rear spoiler