C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Wave what's up??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
high9s
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only time I don't wave is when I'm above 4k RPM.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:52 PM
wrh3
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing in the Jeep world.......some people are enthusiasts and some people think of cars as appliances
And sometimes there are just other distractions, I have missed a few wave backs myself.......
Old 07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes you don't have time to wave if you have the windows up with the air on. In that case I will flash my headlights and have received the same back........
Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 PM
VettenDog
Advanced

I bought my first Corvette 35 years ago ('67 roadster), and was schooled on the tradition and importance of the wave. The legacy of the Corvette has had it's ups and downs. Many of us that have remained loyal to America's sports car and not succumb to an import feel that we are part of a brotherhood. To me, Corvette owners are a different breed, we like muscle cars and sports cars alike. We roll American style like a Harley Davidson owner, and are very proud of it. And the wave acknowledges all that
Old 07-11-2014, 03:50 PM
tomtoro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm at around 50%. I wave at all corvettes and are close to 100% on C6 and C7 owners. Older vettes, not too often for some reason. Although I talked with a C3 owner yesterday at length about his cool stingray. Maybe the older vette owners think we haven't earned the wave cause we just bought these awesome cars already muscled up, although there's a lot of other guys out there that wrench their newer cars.

I've missed a few too cause I wasn't paying attention, but usually the top's off so I stick my hand up and hope they see it in the rearview.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by SK360
Who cares. We're not friends just because we own the same car. Someone letting you into traffic is an intentional act and deserves a thanks, not quite the same. If someone waves at me depending on my mood I might wave back but I don't go around waving at random people.
Oh you're the guy, I think I passed you the other day.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:01 PM
tjocus
Instructor

"The Wave" is one of the reasons I became a Corvette enthusiast. When I was a teenager my best friends parents owned a chain of videos stores. The deal was if he stayed in school and didnt drink or do drugs his parents would get him a vette for his 17th birthday.. Long story short he lived up to his end of the bargain and they gave him a yellow convertible, i can remember the 1st day like it was yesterday, good times !!! Anyway, being 2 young guys cruising around in a new vette and having grown men acknowledge your existence by a simple wave was very cool to me.. Fast forward 4 to 5 years I purchased my own vette @ 21 years old and carried on the waving tradition.. Since then I have owned 4 Corvettes in the last 17 years, my most recent purchase was the yellow 08' I bought last week.. I got my 1st wave in the new car last night coming through Annapolis by a guy in an Atomic Orange vert.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Stage Runner
Burning Brakes

Who cares. We're not friends just because we own the same car. Someone letting you into traffic is an intentional act and deserves a thanks, not quite the same. If someone waves at me depending on my mood I might wave back but I don't go around waving at random people.
Who needs to feel part of a "brotherhood" that is so hurt that a fellow Vette brotha doesn't wave, who cares? Get over it, find something better to do than feeling *** hurt and posting yet another useless thread about it........
Old 07-11-2014, 05:14 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage Runner
Who needs to feel part of a "brotherhood" that is so hurt that a fellow Vette brotha doesn't wave, who cares? Get over it, find something better to do than feeling *** hurt and posting yet another useless thread about it........
Or commenting about it.....
Old 07-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Joni Lynn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the area around my home I rarely get a return wave but I was visiting a good friend in Wilkes-Barre last week and got waves from all the Vette's I saw. Most were C7 verts, first I had seen on the road............. Ok, I live in a vette sparse area.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 PM
cpetruzzi
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blink blink

How about a couple of blinks of the high beams? That's what I usually do.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

I was out a few days ago and my mind was wandering. There was a car passing from the opposite direction and I was mindlessly admiring it. As they were going by, I realized they were both feverishly waving at me. I tried to wave back but have tinted windows so am not sure they saw me. I did feel bad but it was kinda funny.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
I was out a few days ago and my mind was wandering. There was a car passing from the opposite direction and I was mindlessly admiring it. As they were going by, I realized they were both feverishly waving at me. I tried to wave back but have tinted windows so am not sure they saw me. I did feel bad but it was kinda funny.
I'm sure they posted a thread about it....try the search function.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Tbong
Racer

Not used to the Vette Wave but very familiar with the Bike wave so I try to return waves. Can't hide in a Vert, Have to wave. I missed maybe one in my time of ownership and did not get a return from a C2. It's a lot like Harley world. with the exception of dealership events and rainy day activities.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cpetruzzi
How about a couple of blinks of the high beams? That's what I usually do.
..... Particularly when you have the windows up with the air on. Most times you wouldn't have time to crank down the window and wave...
Old 07-11-2014, 11:00 PM
slappy3347
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I met a new C7 on the road the other day and we both waved. First C7 I've seen while driving the vette.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:30 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I wave, if I get one back its cool !! if not maybe they have something else going on in their lives. but..... if they are right next to me , I roll my window down and wave and they dont even ackowledge me ! thats rude.

Get notified of new replies

To No Wave what's up??

Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Myfourth1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Default I wave...

I wave even when I'm in my wife's Lexus and she says "what are you doing?" It's just a habit I've done since I owned my C3 in 1972.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Yeah right, who gives a chit about other 'vette owners, screw 'em.

Originally Posted by R&L's C6

I don't know how many other Vettes I would have missed if my wife were not along and noticing them as the passenger. I wave when I see another but I wonder how many I never notice when I'm alone.
Guess I fall into the same bag, my wife will often tell me another 'vette is waiving.
Also most 'vettes have heavily tinted glass here in Florida, and you can't see them.

Originally Posted by LFZ

Your post has no text. Exactly what are you trying to say?

Originally Posted by vindicator
Just lighten up about what others do or don t. The important thing is to keep waving.
There ya go, waving is an important thing! That settles it!

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Oh you're the guy, I think I passed you the other day.

Originally Posted by Stage Runner
Absolutely, Corvette brotherhood, tradition, exchanging pleasentries, it's all bullchit!

Down with the wave!
Old 07-12-2014, 01:53 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
Originally Posted by LFZ
I'm sure they posted a thread about it....try the search function.

Quick Reply: No Wave what's up??