C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bringing Vette to EAA in Oshkosh?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 04:02 PM
duanepillar
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone bringing Vette to EAA in Oshkosh?

Are you are coming to the air show in Oshkosh WI with your vette we should try to get together at the drive in one night.

For those that don't know what I am talking about is every year the Experimental Aircraft Association has a week long convention and show in Oshkosh WI, Bring 10K plus planes and several hundred thousand people to see the planes and watch the shows. Pretty cool. I live 3 blocks from the airport where the show takes place.

Last edited by duanepillar; 07-24-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM
duanepillar
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

My new to me C6 at the EAA museum.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

File an IFR arrival, lot better than circling over some landmark. Oh, the Corvette only flies on the ground. Been a few years since I attended the event.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:08 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I imagine the holding pattern for cars is worse than Hartsfield-Jackson International in Atlanta is on it's busiest day.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:19 PM
logansrun73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by duanepillar
Are you are coming to the air show in Oshkosh WI with your vette we should try to get together at the drive in one night.

For those that don't know what I am talking about is every year the Experimental Aircraft Association has a week long convention and show in Oshkosh WI, Bring 10K plus planes and several hundred thousand people to see the planes and watch the shows. Pretty cool. I live 3 blocks from the airport where the show takes place.
My son and I are coming early Saturday morning August 2nd for the day. We want to watch the night airshow as well. We are spending the night and heading back home on Sunday. I want to bring the Vette But the wife thinks differently. We usually go and camp out for two days but due to my sons band camp that did not work for us. How is parking over there and should I take the wifes advice and bring my daily driver?? I want to bring the vette sooooo bad.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:20 PM
logansrun73
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by logansrun73
My son and I are coming early Saturday morning August 2nd for the day. We want to watch the night airshow as well. We are spending the night and heading back home on Sunday. I want to bring the Vette But the wife thinks differently. We usually go and camp out for two days but due to my sons band camp that did not work for us. How is parking over there and should I take the wifes advice and bring my daily driver?? I want to bring the vette sooooo bad.
we are staying at a hotel Saturday night.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 PM
duanepillar
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by logansrun73
Parking sucks but you could bring the Vette.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 PM
JohnsC5
Drifting

If I was closer I'd be there. It's on my bucket list. I have to settle for the Reno air races in September. Nothing like Oshkosh, but it'll do for now.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone bringing Vette to EAA in Oshkosh?

Quick Reply: Anyone bringing Vette to EAA in Oshkosh?