C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber/ fiberglass hood question

Old 07-23-2014, 06:12 PM
telly444
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber/ fiberglass hood question

So I've been think of getting a aftermarket hood for my 07 Z06. I have been told that because of the light weight of the hood it's not recommend to use the factory hood struts. My question is for the guys with aftermarket hoods what do you use to prop the hood up when working on the car or at a car show? is there a custom hood prop I can buy somewhere? would It be okay to still use the factory struts and just be extra careful. it just seems that there would be too much flex with a fiberglass or carbon hood when trying to close the hood. any thoughts or suggestions .
Old 07-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Ryan T 997
Instructor

Originally Posted by telly444
So I've been think of getting a aftermarket hood for my 07 Z06. I have been told that because of the light weight of the hood it's not recommend to use the factory hood struts. My question is for the guys with aftermarket hoods what do you use to prop the hood up when working on the car or at a car show? is there a custom hood prop I can buy somewhere? would It be okay to still use the factory struts and just be extra careful. it just seems that there would be too much flex with a fiberglass or carbon hood when trying to close the hood. any thoughts or suggestions .
i use factory hood struts with a carbon creations hood, i just grab the hood from the center instead of a corner when i close it so it puts equal pressure on both sides.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:07 PM
telly444
Racer

Oh okay Cool. That's the hood I'm considering. Can you tell me more about the quality, and fitment. Was it hard to fit the hood properly and install the latches, ect...

Get notified of new replies

To Carbon Fiber/ fiberglass hood question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber/ fiberglass hood question