C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:35 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist
Default car wont start

3 days ago I decided to pull the procharger off my 05 manual coupe, change the oil in it an clean it all up.
while I had that all apart I also decided to wash my engine. after getting it all nice an clean an everything put back together I tried to start it, after 2 or 3 attempts it finally fired up.
the next morn I went to start it an nothing, everything lights up but when I press the switch the dash goes blank until I release it or release the clutch. I charged the battery an even took it to be checked battery is fine, I even cut those garbage battery terminals off an put new stinger terminals on still nothing 3 days now car still wont start any ideas? possible starter got wet an fried? or perhaps the starter not even getting any juice ?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:52 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

You may have gotten all the electronics wet as they are located under the battery area.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:31 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by dpigguy
You may have gotten all the electronics wet as they are located under the battery area.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

ok finally got her back on the road after checking any an everything I could think of turns out it was the shift to reverse switches. after replacing both switches she fired right up it had nothing to do with the wash. wish I had known those switches could shut that car down like that dam gm smh.

Get notified of new replies

To car wont start

Quick Reply: car wont start