C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lambo doors on a c6???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:08 AM
kynan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add some fart can exhaust and you'd be pretty fly.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:27 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
They don't have to. They like what they like and the truth of it is, who cares what others think, Vette owners or otherwise. If it's your ride, do what you want with it. Some MODs I like and others I don't. If it's their Vette, it's their decision.
Of course people spend their hard earned money any possible way they want. My point is some mods are done in good taste while others cheapen them. Doesn't bother me one bit one way or the other.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:34 AM
stp357
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have a problem with them, just on more way to separate yourself from the crowd. I think it gives the car a custom look.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:52 AM
tmd937
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry but it appears to be a lambo wannabee!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stp357
one more way to separate yourself from the crowd (in a bad way). I think it gives the car a ghetto, wanna-be look.
Fixed.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS Racing
Fixed.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Leon.
Racer

Those doors look ridiculous on Lamborghini's themselves, let alone any other car.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by quadblackC6
After googling, lambo doors on c6, I was impressed.

looks good, and from what I can tell, functional.
It looks as it would be easier getting in and out, because you
don't have to swing the door out so far out making it easier in and out.

does anyone have lambo doors on your c6?
I think with the mod, you can open and close regularly like stock
if you choosed. Is this true?

hows the livability factor? Does it squeak? Wind noise? Water issues? Good with convertibles?

Last but not least, how much does it cost for install?

thanks.
I noticed on one of the pics you posted that the lamob doors on the Vette were able to open even though it was parked in a pretty tight spot. The one thing I hate about my Vette is how long the doors are. If you do end up doing this MOD, I would like to know how it turns out.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:24 PM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I had purchased a set of hinges, but decided not to have them installed. The selling company directed me to a shop which quoted an install of $600.00, my local body shop, which has performed other work for me and my company and who I highly trust quoted $2,500.00.

But after speaking with several other Corvette owners who had them installed and/or performed the installation themselves, decided against having it done. I spoke to one individual who did the install, but IMO it should only be performed by someone who has experience with the specific hinge you purchased.

For me, there were concerns with maintaining a good seal of the door and its alignment over a long period of time. But I still think they look very good on a Corvette.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:23 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default bad idea

Its your ride and if you like them that's what counts. My view- absolutely worthless and costly mod that looks terrible. Right up there with black wheels . Think it through before you do it. Swinging those babys up every time to get in or out. They just don't look right on a vette to me. Not needed to get noticed if that's the goal.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:27 PM
donwil
Drifting

Originally Posted by Leon.
Those doors look ridiculous on Lamborghini's themselves, let alone any other car.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 PM
donwil
Drifting

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Just the other day I saw a Lambo with Corvette doors. Course the doors were closed but I am sure...aw, forget it.
hehehehe!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:36 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

One on my passenger side would come in handy for my garage. I'd leave the other stock and really confuse the sh*t out of people.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:26 AM
harley_dude34601
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nooooooooooo

hows the livability factor? Does it squeak? Wind noise? Water issues? Good with convertibles?

thanks.
No don't do it. I did it on my c5, thought they were sharp, spent $13,00, could not wait on them to come in. The day i got them, i could not wait to get them on. Called a friend loaded up the car and headed to his house for him to help me. Well the doors only took 30 minutes, per side to install. It took 6 hours per side to lign up. Took the doors off, move 1/4 inch one way or the other, put back on, take it off again, lign it up. etc. Managed to scrape the paint off the door in several places before i got them aligned. And the c5 is the easy one. Even with the bolt on doors, you have to cut the lip off the front of a c6. Take it from me bro, you just think you want lambo doors, But i"m not you. If you do decide to get them have a pro install them, and make sure then tape up the edges before they start the installation. Just my opinion, i learned the hard way, just trying to save you from a big mess. Oh and buy toe way they have to be greased every week to keep them working, and its to moves to get out and in your car, You have to open the door the normal way then push up to get out. Ever try to push up on something from the sitting position ? Just my 2 cents worth. And but the way after a month of having them, i traded to a c6 never again will i have lambo doors on my car. Expensive mistake, trying to help you not to do the same. Peace bro.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:27 PM
quadblackC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by harley_dude34601
No don't do it. I did it on my c5, thought they were sharp, spent $13,00, could not wait on them to come in. The day i got them, i could not wait to get them on. Called a friend loaded up the car and headed to his house for him to help me. Well the doors only took 30 minutes, per side to install. It took 6 hours per side to lign up. Took the doors off, move 1/4 inch one way or the other, put back on, take it off again, lign it up. etc. Managed to scrape the paint off the door in several places before i got them aligned. And the c5 is the easy one. Even with the bolt on doors, you have to cut the lip off the front of a c6. Take it from me bro, you just think you want lambo doors, But i"m not you. If you do decide to get them have a pro install them, and make sure then tape up the edges before they start the installation. Just my opinion, i learned the hard way, just trying to save you from a big mess. Oh and buy toe way they have to be greased every week to keep them working, and its to moves to get out and in your car, You have to open the door the normal way then push up to get out. Ever try to push up on something from the sitting position ? Just my 2 cents worth. And but the way after a month of having them, i traded to a c6 never again will i have lambo doors on my car. Expensive mistake, trying to help you not to do the same. Peace bro.
thanks for your reply.

As tempting and imo nice looking.

I wouldn't get it, just wanted real world experience with them..
Old 11-07-2014, 08:32 AM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I've seen them in person and liked the look but when asking those who have them there are always lot of problems. Way to much money to spend on something that will be a headache.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Bill Hoch
Racer

I think they are great... on other peoples cars.

Get notified of new replies

To lambo doors on a c6???

Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM
firemark2643
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I am looking at a car that has the door mod already done, It's the only thing that I don't like about this particular car. Wondering where I can find the hardware to take them off since the owner didn't keep everything.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:47 PM
Chokeu
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
They don't have to. They like what they like and the truth of it is, who cares what others think, Vette owners or otherwise. If it's your ride, do what you want with it. Some MODs I like and others I don't. If it's their Vette, it's their decision.
Haters are going to hate. If you like them, get them. who gives a rats *** what anyone thinks. I like them.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:30 AM
harley_dude34601
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been there done that

thanks.
Let me tell you from experience, then you make your own decision. I couldn't wait to get lambo doors for my c5, spent 2500 dollars on them, took me 30 min to put them on. The next 8 hours to line them up. took the doors off about 8 times to get them lined up, and every time i would put a chip in my doors. After i got them lined up i had to grease them every week to keep them opening properly. On lambo doors you got to go through to movements to open them. Open the door swing out and then lift door to open. Where as on the normal door you open and swing out the door. On the c5 you can just mount the hinges and not modify the door. But on the c6 you have to cut the lip off the front of the door to make it mount to the door jam. Now its your decision.

Quick Reply: lambo doors on a c6???