C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Like a vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 12:01 PM
MatteBlack
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like a vette

So I am in the process of building an old chevy pickup. 1950 3100. My goal is to make this drive a lot like the corvette. I attached a picture of a gear calculator of a stock z06. I think I have the info correct. Please corrected if I'm wrong. Wasn't sure in tire size.

If you were to build a truck or had options to rebuild a vette would you keep the same stock gears or change the rear end ratio.

For those that my have doubts that this can happen. My chassis is an art morrison gt chassis. It will out handle a ss camero in performance. So it should be able to handle aggressive be able to handle some corvette power. Not sure in the motor yet. Ls6 ls3 or ls2. Have decided yet.
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2014, 12:04 PM
MatteBlack
4th Gear

This is what I initially was going to do with my truck but after looking at the z06 specs I am changing my mind. Also the truck had kind of a light rear end. 12" wide rear tires for sure! Need traction.
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2014, 12:14 PM
MatteBlack
4th Gear

Just want some of your guys thoughts on this. I really want a quick 0-60. But a good high way cruiser too. Looking at the vette first gear. That's pretty wide compared to what I came up with. But I did try and compare to what others were doing when I came up with my ratio.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:25 PM
LS3Knight
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't know much about gears, but it would definitely go with the LS3. Newest engine, most power, and it can handle up to like 600 HP without internal mods if you want to supercharge it someday. Sounds like an interesting project.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:28 PM
MatteBlack
4th Gear

It's going to be an awesome project but it's not like you can just easily swap out rear ends so that is why I am trying to figure this all out. Is that wide first gear nice the way it is or would you rather shorten it a little?w

Get notified of new replies

To Like a vette

Quick Reply: Like a vette