C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chasing a perfect sound..c5z stock ti mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 12:28 PM
t.renz791
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Chasing a perfect sound..c5z stock ti mufflers

Since there is a major lack in exhaust threads ....

I LOVE the sound of a stock c5z. The car is currently a stock 2009 Z51, stick, NPP exhaust. It sounds fantastic as is, great induction sound, and the exhaust sounds nice when the flaps open. But Nothing sounds as good to me as the c5z.

Does anyone know of an exhaust that sounds close? I love that crackle, overrun and burble of those cars and would love to create that on the 09.

Otherwise, I think I will do LS7 manifolds/cats/x pipe and either keep the stock mufflers or get the mild Borla or Corsa, or perhaps the middle Borla.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:40 PM
BillH2121
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t.renz791
Since there is a major lack in exhaust threads ....

I LOVE the sound of a stock c5z. The car is currently a stock 2009 Z51, stick, NPP exhaust. It sounds fantastic as is, great induction sound, and the exhaust sounds nice when the flaps open. But Nothing sounds as good to me as the c5z.

Does anyone know of an exhaust that sounds close? I love that crackle, overrun and burble of those cars and would love to create that on the 09.

Otherwise, I think I will do LS7 manifolds/cats/x pipe and either keep the stock mufflers or get the mild Borla or Corsa, or perhaps the middle Borla.

Thanks for any help.

B&B Bullets?? But the drone will kill you.

Quick Reply: Chasing a perfect sound..c5z stock ti mufflers