C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Clutch in grand sport ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
RULOOKIN
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default LS7 Clutch in grand sport ?

Here we go another clutch woows thread ! I am experiencing what some others have on this forum, very high clutch pedal car shifts fine no grinding or slipping , my clutch fluid is super clean and preform the ranger method every month My car is never abused and has 10,000 miles on it I can see the clutch being gone but I know if I take it to the dealer, what they will say ! CLUTCH !! so I found a great deal on a brand new LS7 clutch and flywheel brand new, question is the LS3 flywheel balanced for the LS3 and wont the LS7 flywheel be different ??
any suggestions into helping me solve my issue would be great !!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:08 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

No way the clutch is gone at 10k.

If your only complaint is the high clutch pedal, put in a Tick adjustable master cylinder.

Example:

Originally Posted by C6-13thPilotCar
Review of the new TICK C6 adjustable master cylinder kit.
I received my new C6 Tick master cylinder and installed it 9-15-10. The time required was around 2 1/2 hours. Make sure that you put lock-tight on the new pivot bolt that you install in the clutch petal arm. The install went smooth. Bleed system and adjust, then road test and readjust when all systems are hot. On 9-19-10 I drove over 200 miles on open roads and traffic. I have a RPS twin disc carbon clutch assy. and this was the first it felt like the clutch should when street driving. Smooth engagement starting out, petal position at correct level, not at top of petal like it was with stock master cylinder. It was fun to drive again, easy petal pressure and smooth shifting the whole trip. Barring any future problems with this kit I would rate a 9 out of a 10.
In '09+ cars, the install "may" require a dealer visit to use a Tech II to do a clutch position relearn, but apparently it's spotty as to whether every car needs it:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...n-a-09-c6.html
Old 08-19-2014, 07:42 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

Unless you beat on the clutch all the time, it can't be gone at 10K. Also, high pedal effort is not a symptom of a worn out clutch...slipping is the symptom.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by RULOOKIN
Here we go another clutch woows thread ! I am experiencing what some others have on this forum, very high clutch pedal car shifts fine no grinding or slipping , my clutch fluid is super clean and preform the ranger method every month My car is never abused and has 10,000 miles on it I can see the clutch being gone but I know if I take it to the dealer, what they will say ! CLUTCH !! so I found a great deal on a brand new LS7 clutch and flywheel brand new, question is the LS3 flywheel balanced for the LS3 and wont the LS7 flywheel be different ??
I have an LS2 and got clutch replaced with LS7 Clutch and resurfaced flywheel, works great. They actually obsoleted the LS2/LS3 Clutch and the OEM replacement is now the LS7. Not sure what they did with the flywheel.

Edit-just re-read and noticed you want to use the LS7 flywheel, I can't help with that one. Don't imagine it would be a balance issue though since they make aftermarket and lightened flywheels.

Last edited by slickstick; 08-19-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:54 PM
whit1
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I asked my performance shop in Ma about installing a Tick, he said he has installed lots of them and 90% he has to remove cause they leak. He advised me to not do one.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

All Vettes except the ZR1, 07 and up have the LS7 clutch in them stock. Stock master is fine, Tick is a waste of money on these cars unless you are convinced you NEED the ajustable stroke.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by RULOOKIN
I would be very surprised if any reputable dealer said your clutch was gone at 10k. It sounds like you have something binding with your linkage, if you've done everything you say.

Or, it's something in the hydraulics...you should NOT need a clutch/flywheel/etc.

Let us know what you eventually find out.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 Clutch in grand sport ?

Quick Reply: LS7 Clutch in grand sport ?