C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevy dealer with NO integrity, no GM>>

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:54 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dctex99
Sir; I did not want to make my post any longer, but now I will; my other car is a LEXUS; they have paid out BILLions to people with loose floormats; the FIRST thing I do when I get in ANY car is check if the floormats are properly positioned AND hardware is holding them down; both my salesman and I and my wife saw the floormats; expensive thick ones with logos...........They stole them; so be careful at your friendly Chevy dealer; as they know they won't get in trouble for it from Chevy; just a General Manager that cared, ..few and far between....
Just my 2 cents, but obviously looking for mats is not the first thing you do when you get in any car or you would have noticed they were NOT in the car you took home.
This is a bad deal for sure but to slam every dealer and GM because your mats were stolen or just left out by mistake is a huge mistake. You are part to blame because you did not check and because it was hot outside is a poor reason.
The Chevy dealer in my town is great you just had a bad experience does not mean all dealers and GM are bad.
If your that mad take the car back or go to small claims court and sue the dealer.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:21 PM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
If the shoe fits.... but leave the politics out.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:52 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

While I can certainly understand feeling a bit cheated, the important thing is you ended up with a Corvette. Here's what you do: buy some nice mats and get the back window tinted. You won't even need the cargo cover after that.

Attacking the people on this forum for finding your over-the-top reaction to something that's so trivial somewhat humorous isn't going to make you a lot of friends or garner a lot of sup port for your side. From what I can tell, you're not trying to make friends anyway, you're just looking for a way to blow off some steam.

Last edited by ProfessorDeath; 08-28-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:08 AM
dctex99
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
While I can certainly understand feeling a bit cheated, the important thing is you ended up with a Corvette. Here's what you do: buy some nice mats and get the back window tinted. You won't even need the cargo cover after that.

Attacking the people on this forum for finding your over-the-top reaction to something that's so trivial somewhat humorous isn't going to make you a lot of friends or garner a lot of sup port for your side. From what I can tell, you're not trying to make friends anyway, you're just looking for a way to blow off some steam.
Once again, please read #10, thanks for your charming post!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:07 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Man, I hate those sleazy tattooed sales folks...and warm water? How disgusting!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM
R0CKER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
R0CKER
Advanced

For those that have followed my case I appreciate it..I bought a '12 used Corvette from Community Chevrolet in Burbank,CA in late July and as I drove the car away in the 103 degree heat I did NOT take an inventory of the car. The dealership STOLE the floormats and Cargo cover from the car and repeated calls to the General Manager were a waste of time; I called Chevy at 1-800-222-1020 and I just got the word that they will not do a THING about it; Chevy does NOT care!! So be careful;;count your lugnuts if you buy from a Chevy dealer; they are as bad as any slimy dealer in the bad part of town now;;it is so sad!!! I am posting this everywhere including to a friend who works at Car & Driver so all will know; thanks for reading....
I'm going to call these people and see if they're as hard to get hold of as you say.

I'm going to ask them for their side of the story & post it here or ask them to.

Community Chevrolet is being attacked here.

I'm just wondering if OP is mis-remembering part of his story.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
dctex99
Instructor

Originally Posted by R0CKER
I'm going to call these people and see if they're as hard to get hold of as you say.

I'm going to ask them for their side of the story & post it here or ask them to.

Thank you, that is what they need! , ,!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:13 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Having just "been there" I fully understand what the OP is saying. And I do mean literally, just having been there in the car-buying experience and knowing exactly what the OP is speaking of. This business of expecting anyone or everyone to be a "checklist robot" is just not the norm. Having a dealer and its representatives not be responsive is yet another thing, and not a good one. While each of the responders on here may have a great dealer near them or that they deal with, that isn't always the case. Matter of fact, it may be more accurate that it is seldom the case. What do you do when someone won't respond and won't honor what should be done? Sure, you move on, but it leaves a bad taste. Unless D. Balla or Community Chev. is willing to refute the story, I am glad to know about this incident.

I also applaud whomever the vendor is that came up with an excellent set of mats for the OP at a very reasonable cost to him. I think we all feel that way, but maybe not. No wonder the vendor wants to remain anonymous. Who needs more grief from doing the right thing!!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 PM
RLGOODY
5th Gear

48 hours of hatred and venom spewed by OP over such a small deal & small amount of $

We must take responsibility for our own actions. There are at least 3 sides to every story. It really would be cool if we could hear the real story.

By now I hope you've gotten your $80-100 worth of satisfaction & can use your energy for something more productive.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 PM
wu6fiend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RLGOODY
48 hours of hatred and venom spewed by OP over such a small deal & small amount of $

We must take responsibility for our own actions. There are at least 3 sides to every story. It really would be cool if we could hear the real story.

By now I hope you've gotten your $80-100 worth of satisfaction & can use your energy for something more productive.
I'd hate for the OP to have to go through something really stressful, like a job loss, a health issue, a divorce etc. All this fuss for less than $100 worth of cheap OEM accessories (one of the first things that get tossed are the factory floor mats, witness the interminable threads gushing about SICK Lloyds mats). And posting this nonsense "all over the internet" like the rest of the world gives a hoot about your little squabble with the dealership? The OP should have ensured everything was in the car before he left the dealership. Sorry, but that's the bottom line.

Wow.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Guinzu
Instructor

lol, what do you sell?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:36 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

So its not your call on what's trivial or not.... what's trivial to you may or may not be to me..... I do agree dctex needs to calm down a bit but I do understand how something can just get under your skin.... I've surely been there, done that and have the t-shirt... and for the record with my 13 g's I got the aforementioned parts and see no need to spends the $$$$ for the Lloyds.....
Old 09-01-2014, 12:55 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Update?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:28 AM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
So your this pissed about floor mats and a cargo cover? I'm sorry but that is hilarious! IMO

Old 09-02-2014, 05:05 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by tprice
Old 09-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

California land of fruits & nuts....

Get notified of new replies

To Chevy dealer with NO integrity, no GM>>

Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
R0CKER
Advanced

I had no trouble reaching him. As somewhat expected privacy issues came into play. He was very polite. I'm done with this thread.
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2014, 09:39 PM
dctex99
Instructor

I have listened to you people long enough; the carpet people were right,,,,,,no help here...I will send instructions on tying shoes ONLY on IM,,otherwise, please close thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

I have listened to you people long enough; the carpet people were right,,,,,,no help here...I will send instructions on tying shoes ONLY on IM,,otherwise, please close thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Carpet people? Close this thread? Take your ball and go home.

Quick Reply: Chevy dealer with NO integrity, no GM>>