C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing IPod Connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:42 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default Loosing IPod Connection

I have the PAL with a Gen 3 IPod. It has worked perfect until this past Sunday. I was coming back from Carlisle and when I got in the car to come home, no connection. I unplugged the IPod and reconnected and it worked. An hour latter it stopped working after the Nav override. I was using the Nav to get home. I stopped and disconnected the IPod and it worked again. I turned the Nav off and it was fine for the rest of the trip. Have any of you guys had this problem and is there a fix?
Old 08-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

cycle ignition in car usually fixed it for me the few times it happened
Old 08-28-2014, 12:32 PM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
cycle ignition in car usually fixed it for me the few times it happened
I am not sure I know what you mean by "cycle ignition". Thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by MarkC
I am not sure I know what you mean by "cycle ignition". Thanks for your help.
Just simply turning the car off for a minute or so and turning it back on.

I had a rare problem like that and either doing that along with a reboot of the device plugged into the port typically fixed it.

I currently just use a bluetooth adapter on it so I can wirelessly connect and it's been a non-issue. I can't stand Apple but the iPod that was gifted to me I used in there used to give me problems like you described.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have the PAL with a Gen 3 IPod. It has worked perfect until this past Sunday. I was coming back from Carlisle and when I got in the car to come home, no connection. I unplugged the IPod and reconnected and it worked. An hour latter it stopped working after the Nav override. I was using the Nav to get home. I stopped and disconnected the IPod and it worked again. I turned the Nav off and it was fine for the rest of the trip. Have any of you guys had this problem and is there a fix?
Our PAL/Ipod occasionally does the same thing. Sometimes, turning the radio of and back on fixes it. Re-starting the car has not helped our situation. The almost-sure fix is to unplug the Ipod from the PAL for a couple of seconds.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:14 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Have you guys noticed that using the Nav causes it. Mine had never done it until this past weekend and I was using the Nav. They last time it did it, the Nav took over to give directions and there was no music when the Nav finished.

So what Bluetooth are you using and how are you hooking it up?
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 AM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

I use my Nav all the time with my IPhone connected. About the only weirdness I get is that sometimes my IPhone randomly starts all over playing songs. It is like I just randomly picked another song, right in the middle of the one I was listening to and changed.

I am curious about your bluetooth question since the PAL is not related to bluetooth especially if you are plugging it in.

There is a guy on here from time to time, Ray Kawal, he has a web site and he seems to know everything there is to know about how the GM PAL works.

Check with him if you can.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Have you guys noticed that using the Nav causes it. Mine had never done it until this past weekend and I was using the Nav. They last time it did it, the Nav took over to give directions and there was no music when the Nav finished.

So what Bluetooth are you using and how are you hooking it up?
I always have the factory Nav displayed, but whether or not it's giving me directions does not seem to effect the PAL/Ipod dropout problem.

We have the Ipod connected through the GM PAL (version 1) and Kawal's installation harness. He's the guy who knows everything about this system.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:21 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Loosing IPod Connection
losing.... stuff like that happens almost every time i connect my phone for music...says "device not supported"' or just doesn't "see" it...I attribute it to Typical GM nonsense because they use cheap crap.My 150 dollar radio in my jeep works better. lol. Anyway, on off- connect-disconnect-connect usually gets it working again.

Get notified of new replies

To Loosing IPod Connection

Quick Reply: Loosing IPod Connection