C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Save up/upgrade or trade in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:29 PM
LittleGrayBook
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Save up/upgrade or trade in?

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has the same dilemma. I currently have an 07 base model coupe. It's beautiful and I've done quite a few things to it. (Corsa exhaust, CF splitter and side skirt, ZR1 rear spoiler, suede steering wheel and armrest) However, it's automatic and I really want manual. (No, this is not a transmission swap post) Here's my dilemma: should I save up, trade in, and get a used Z06 down the road, or should I use the money I would spend on top of trading in my coupe and do the wide body kit and more interior upgrades myself? I am all about owning a prestigious Z06, but with 20-30k on top of trading my coupe in, it seems kind of ridiculous when I can do a lot with that money even though I'll be stuck with an automatic. But at the same time... I feel like if I own a, let's say, 2012 Centennial Edition Z06, I would be happy and not have to do anything more to it.

Your thoughts?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:39 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't sink another dollar into your current car. You are not going to be ultimately happy with it no matter what mods you make. Detail it and trade it in for the Z06 you really want if you can afford it. It's only money, life is too short not to enjoy it fully !!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Guinzu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you really be happy with the Z06? Usually you start to get used to the car and want some changes. What's your goal? Performance? Looks? Is this your daily driver?

Those are the types of questions you need to ask yourself. I'm kinda in the same boat. Keep the 08 or move up to the C7? As much as I like the C7, I can't justify to move up to it yet.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:57 PM
drich2905
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Get what you want and don't try to make what is not quite there be something it is not.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:16 PM
LittleGrayBook
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Guinzu
Would you really be happy with the Z06? Usually you start to get used to the car and want some changes. What's your goal? Performance? Looks? Is this your daily driver?

Those are the types of questions you need to ask yourself. I'm kinda in the same boat. Keep the 08 or move up to the C7? As much as I like the C7, I can't justify to move up to it yet.
This won't be my daily driver. It'll be a garage queen that I'll take out to shows and drive on nice days. I think I'll wait for a few years when the 2012 Centennial Edition is more affordable. You guys are absolutely right, I shouldn't sink more money into mine right now (other than the bald tires I need to replace...). Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:20 PM
Guard Dad
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 191 Posts

I can't imagine you being happy with an automatic anything if you really want a manual. Start saving for that ZO6.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:24 PM
LittleGrayBook
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Guard Dad
I can't imagine you being happy with an automatic anything if you really want a manual. Start saving for that ZO6.

Get notified of new replies

To Save up/upgrade or trade in?

Quick Reply: Save up/upgrade or trade in?