C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Body Know Of a Great Car Stereo Installer In Queens or Long Island N.Y

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:46 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Any Body Know Of a Great Car Stereo Installer In Queens or Long Island N.Y

I have a '13 GS with Bose and Onstar and have a double din Kenwood I want to have installed. I have all the parts just need it installed. I really don't trust anybody to touch my car unless they are proven that they know this car and just what to do. I have made some calls and not really satisfied with the answers they gave. I'm just looking to drop my car off with the parts and the owner saying " yea I did a lot of these cars and know exactly what to do " Any body got a place?
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

If you're Westchester, try Steve Doton. He is in Conn. Not sure what town. He does all kinds of interior work. Installs HUD's, seat conversions.
I'm sure he can handle the radio install. If he see's your post he may chime in. Good Luck.

His forum name is SteveDotonMotorsports. Send him a PM

Last edited by Rich Mickol; 08-31-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Additional
Old 08-31-2014, 06:38 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
If you're Westchester, try Steve Doton. He is in Conn. Not sure what town. He does all kinds of interior work. Installs HUD's, seat conversions.
I'm sure he can handle the radio install. If he see's your post he may chime in. Good Luck.

His forum name is SteveDotonMotorsports. Send him a PM
Thanks Rich. Yes I know about Steve but I think he is about 2 hrs away from me and from what I heard he does do quality work and knows the C6 audio system well. Maybe he comes closer now and then, I will shoot him a PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:24 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Damn... I know someone but forgot his name... big time vette guy also and I know he'll be at vette fest show this weekend at Arnold Chevy.. let me make some calls for you.... or you can stop by the show Sunday....
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Ok, so the name of the place is LI Sounds in New Hyde Park and talk to John Corones he's the owner and member of our corvette club, Corvette Society... We're having show on the 7th at Arnold so stop down if you can..

/joe
Old 09-01-2014, 09:53 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by joec
Ok, so the name of the place is LI Sounds in New Hyde Park and talk to John Corones he's the owner and member of our corvette club, Corvette Society... We're having show on the 7th at Arnold so stop down if you can..

/joe
Wow that is great to know because I talked to John Thurs on a recommendation from Dennis at DD mods. He did tell me it wouldn't be a problem but most people who work on cars always say that until you get you car back and it's all screwed up. John sounded very confident in doing what I wanted and he actually said the C6's were boring to work on because he does it so often. How much more can you ask! Looks like John is my man, as I just wanted to hear it from one local guy. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:38 PM
corvette marvin
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me recommend John also, He does outstanding work. I changed out my entire sound system. Kenwood, arc speakers and subwoofer dual amps. I had the car at Carlisle, everyone said the sound was fantastic. He will not rob you on the labor.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:00 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by corvette marvin
Let me recommend John also, He does outstanding work. I changed out my entire sound system. Kenwood, arc speakers and subwoofer dual amps. I had the car at Carlisle, everyone said the sound was fantastic. He will not rob you on the labor.
Thats two kudos for John. I will be using him. Where in Jamaica are you. I work at 173-08 Liberty ave ( Tri-Weld Gases ) for the last 15 years, you need any industrial gas including propane or welding supplies come and see me or come say hello any way if your in the area.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:57 PM
corvette marvin
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds great that is 15 minutes from my house, who should I ask for ? My name is Leon. I will come by and let you see John"s work.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

and if you guys got some time on Sunday stop down at Arnold Chevy for our car show.. Gonna rock for sure..
Old 09-01-2014, 08:29 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by corvette marvin
Sounds great that is 15 minutes from my house, who should I ask for ? My name is Leon. I will come by and let you see John"s work.
My name is Ron and I run the place, just walk in and you will see me behind the counter.
Originally Posted by joec
and if you guys got some time on Sunday stop down at Arnold Chevy for our car show.. Gonna rock for sure..
I was just out there Friday night. I passed Arnold on the way to the Beach Hut. It's about a hour drive from my house unfortunately.

Get notified of new replies

To Any Body Know Of a Great Car Stereo Installer In Queens or Long Island N.Y

Quick Reply: Any Body Know Of a Great Car Stereo Installer In Queens or Long Island N.Y