C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who drives a Subaru Outback to the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:08 PM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Default Who drives a Subaru Outback to the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration?

Well, I must admit that I did.

But, before you heave tomatoes at me, let me explain. I never planned to attend the NCM event to begin with as I have been very busy. Frankly, I totally forgot that the NCM event was in front of the Labor Day weekend. However, this coincidently was the same weekend that I had some personal business to manage in Bowling Green. As my GF and I were on the road in my 2013 Subaru Outback heading to BG, we see copious numbers of vettes on the interstate. Ding! I suddenly remembered the NCM anniversary event and realized the error of my ways. We made some quick change of plans as we pulled into town. I did accomplish my business in town, but freed up much of Saturday to go to the museum. We had a blast, but really felt out of place driving around town in a Subaru among what seemed like thousands of vettes. Out of habit we waved at several, but generally got ignored by most we passed.

I got a few pics while at the NCM that I thought I’d share.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:44 PM
bpGx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Looking Subaru
Old 09-03-2014, 03:52 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't see a problem with it. Whats the difference what kind of car you use to get wherever you are going.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Glad you went and had great time!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I bought a '15 Forester a couple months ago. Really nice little vehicle, and it's now my daily driver.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
wrh3
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove a Jeep there one time since I needed something that could haul more than 2 people......no problems with the Subie
Old 09-03-2014, 08:59 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

At least you made it.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Your AWD Subaru can go places Vettes wouldn't dare to tread. Ask me how I know.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 PM
MGretz70
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering why somebody did that when I saw it there!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,970 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

....whatever it takes...even if you had to hitchike.......
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

Hopefully the seats have improved. I had one a few years ago and mechanically liked it but the seats were hard as a rock. It was also my first all-wheel-drive vehicle and I thought I could go anywhere. The first snow we had was several inches deep and I made it up my driveway easily. Unfortunately I live off a cul-de-sack and the snow was deeper there. The car turtled on me due to the snow and chassis pans and all four wheels were spinning but me no go. I had to walk back home through my wheel tracks and grab a shovel. My neighbors thought it was hilarious.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Man those sink hole cars make my heart sink a little.What a damn shame.As for the SUBARU,as long as you wore a mask,you're fine!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:12 AM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
Hopefully the seats have improved. I had one a few years ago and mechanically liked it but the seats were hard as a rock. It was also my first all-wheel-drive vehicle and I thought I could go anywhere. The first snow we had was several inches deep and I made it up my driveway easily. Unfortunately I live off a cul-de-sack and the snow was deeper there. The car turtled on me due to the snow and chassis pans and all four wheels were spinning but me no go. I had to walk back home through my wheel tracks and grab a shovel. My neighbors thought it was hilarious.
This is my first Subaru and right now I am loving it. I got the top of the line model with the 3.6 engine and highly optioned.

I noticed you're from Leonardtown. Cool. My 67 BB was originally delivered to Bell Motors in Leonardtown, MD. I tracked the dealership, and from there the original owner, from the tank sticker (build sheet). When I visited the dealership in 1993 to find the first owner, I met the salesman that sold the car in June of 67. What a surprise. The guy still worked there! They gave me all the original sales records, etc to add to my documentation. Nice folks. They claim they are the second oldest Chevy (continuous ownership) dealership in the country. Did you get your vette there?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:16 AM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
Don't know about his Outback, but the seats are pretty hard in my Forester. I think the Outback is a bit more luxurious, so they may be softer. My front buckets are pretty comfortable but could use some more side support from the bolsters. I've never ridden in the back, but they're pretty flat and don't look all that comfortable. I've sat in them for a minute but that's it.

Driving the Vette after getting used to the Subaru makes it a whole new experience. But they have different purposes, and each does its purpose well.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:44 AM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
Man those sink hole cars make my heart sink a little.What a damn shame.As for the SUBARU,as long as you wore a mask,you're fine!
Yes, seeing the sink hole in person was even more depressing than viewing the photos online. Plus the building had a humid, dirt stink about it. I can't believe they even thought about not filling that hole.

As for my attire, I had a ZR1 designed t-shirt on. The Subie is a carry all and fortunately I had one in my storage bag. I embarrassed my GF by changing shirts in the parking lot. My GF had her Bloomington Gold t-shirt on...thus we blended in the crowd very well Lastly, I am a NCM Lifetime member so I had the right credentials.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Cat
This is my first Subaru and right now I am loving it. I got the top of the line model with the 3.6 engine and highly optioned.

I noticed you're from Leonardtown. Cool. My 67 BB was originally delivered to Bell Motors in Leonardtown, MD. I tracked the dealership, and from there the original owner, from the tank sticker (build sheet). When I visited the dealership in 1993 to find the first owner, I met the salesman that sold the car in June of 67. What a surprise. The guy still worked there! They gave me all the original sales records, etc to add to my documentation. Nice folks. They claim they are the second oldest Chevy (continuous ownership) dealership in the country. Did you get your vette there?
That's wild. Bell Motors was the second oldest. It is part of the Winegardner Group now but at the same location. Nice people there and I bought an S10 from them some years ago. I don't know about now but back then (when it was Bell) the salesmen worked on salary and not commission. I bought my '11 GS at Criswell in Gaithersburg exactly 3 years ago as they have a much larger allotment and available cars. I do research my purchases, but am also very spontaneous when I buy.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:41 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Two things popped into my head when I read the title; Museum delivery or "Never been in the rain".
Old 09-04-2014, 05:51 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

As for my attire, I had a ZR1 designed t-shirt on. The Subie is a carry all and fortunately I had one in my storage bag. I embarrassed my GF by changing shirts in the parking lot. My GF had her Bloomington Gold t-shirt on...thus we blended in the crowd very well Lastly, I am a NCM Lifetime member so I had the right credentials.
OK,you get a pass then..but the girlfriend may not be as forgiving!!

Get notified of new replies

To Who drives a Subaru Outback to the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration?

Quick Reply: Who drives a Subaru Outback to the NCM 20th Anniversary Celebration?