C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/c problems/squeal!HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 04:33 AM
cdelgado14
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A/c problems/squeal!HELP!!!

2006 c6 z51
S/c paxton novi 1500
Cartek flip drive

So,
I bought the car and drove it for 3 days then I had to rebuild the motor.The a/c was working great before the motor took a sh*t.my car was at the shop for 7-8 months(that's another story.dont get me started on that)..I got it back and my a/c hasn't been the same.When it's cold it squeals like crazy,and when I turn it off everything's nice and sound.After getting on the highway and turning on the a/c it squeals for a little while then eventually goes away(still blowing cold air)...but then eventually stops blowing cold and starts blowing warm air...but this depends on how hot it is outside(I'm in south texas..100 degree heat in summer).Ive read a couple forums on here with similar problems...so here is what I'm guna try before replacing the compresser(Delphi),reciever drier,and orifice tube...

1.change out the belt that runs the compressor(I'm s/c with cartek flip drive.I have 3 separate belts)
2.try and recharge the system
3.sprinkle comet/Ajax on the belt to see if this helps any

The compressor/reciever drier/orifice tube has never been replaced.Im thinking it might be time..

Im not sure how to check the oil in the compressor to see if it's low or not..which this could be a reason why my a/c is having problems..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-13-2014, 09:38 AM
VYMIKE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the compressor is squealing, you're going to need to not only replace it, but replace the receiver dryer, pressure switch and your soft lines. You will also need to pressure feed about a gallon of denatured alcohol through the rest of the a/c components to get all the junk out, or you will GREATLY reduce the life of the new components you just replaced.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:35 PM
cdelgado14
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VYMIKE
If the compressor is squealing, you're going to need to not only replace it, but replace the receiver dryer, pressure switch and your soft lines. You will also need to pressure feed about a gallon of denatured alcohol through the rest of the a/c components to get all the junk out, or you will GREATLY reduce the life of the new components you just replaced.

Soft lines?
Is there only 1 pressure switch?

Get notified of new replies

To A/c problems/squeal!HELP!!!

Quick Reply: A/c problems/squeal!HELP!!!