C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSW Gunmetal Wheels center cap solution

Old 09-17-2014, 02:53 PM
DarthStimpy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSW Gunmetal Wheels center cap solution

I bought a set of TSW nurburgring wheels in Gunmetal. They are a good set of inexpensive wheels that will clear most BBKs. The only problem is that they have silver center caps which really let the wheels down.

Name:  CrPZLv3.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  722.0 KB

A few people have wrapped it in vinyl and put a log over it, but the TSW letters are recessed and i didn't think it woudl look good. Also the C7 center cap can be removed and glued over the center caps. But alas my C7 supply is limited.
I did have a can of Dip Your car's Performix True Metallic Anthracite Gray so i figured i would give it a try. The color match is amazingly close. So i thought i'd share my solution.
Total time was about 20 minutes. 4 coats, with 30+ minutes between them. It only takes a couple minutes to spray a thin coat then walk away.

Name:  1C4owek.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  789.3 KB
Old 09-17-2014, 04:11 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Very nice, those are the wheels I plan to get when I finally move to a BBK as well so this is perfect. Which AP Racing kit is that?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:46 PM
DarthStimpy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEVINN
Very nice, those are the wheels I plan to get when I finally move to a BBK as well so this is perfect. Which AP Racing kit is that?
That is Essex's t1 c6 kit.

Get notified of new replies

To TSW Gunmetal Wheels center cap solution

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSW Gunmetal Wheels center cap solution