C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM recall Cadillac & Impala for air bag. We can call NHTSA and talk to a live body.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 07:39 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Default GM recall Cadillac & Impala for air bag. We can call NHTSA and talk to a live body.

NHTSA has reported several new GM recalls for the air bag.

I noticed they listed a telephone number to file a complaint and you can give it to a real live person. After talking to the live person I had the feeling that real employees at GM would review my complaint and give me feed back on it. This is encouraging. It would sure help if we flooded them with our check air bag complaints.
Please call and maybe we can get something done.

1-888-327-4236

Last edited by VET4LES; 09-24-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VET4LES
NHTSA has reported several new GM recalls for the air bag.

I noticed they listed a telephone number to file a complaint and you can give it to a real live person. After talking to the live person I had the feeling that real employees at GM would review my complaint and give me feed back on it. This is encouraging. It would sure help if we flooded them with our check air bag complaints.
Please call and maybe we can get something done.

1-888-327-4236
ttt
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I don't think the Gooberment or Gooberment Motors really gives a rat's a$$.

One of the project for this winter is to replace the harness under the seats - new wires, soldered connections (not crimped), new connectors, etc. and be done with it.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:51 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

I'm going to remove the yellow connector and solder the wires. I'm so disappointed in GM. I hope someone isn't hurt or worse when the air bags don't work. I'm giving them a little more time. The last time I zip tied the yellow connector on top of the seat rail and the light hasn't returned. When it does I will solder the wires.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
I'm going to remove the yellow connector and solder the wires. I'm so disappointed in GM. I hope someone isn't hurt or worse when the air bags don't work. I'm giving them a little more time. The last time I zip tied the yellow connector on top of the seat rail and the light hasn't returned. When it does I will solder the wires.
I'm with you there in spirit, VET4LES, but I'm not going to take any chances. I recently had my driver's seat (3LT w/airbag) pulled and reupholstered (genuine GM skins). I asked the guy to pay extra attention when reconnecting the yellow connector. He did, but five days later I got the dreaded dashboard light again. Whatever is causing this problem, I want GM to engineer a REAL fix for it. One they'll back up corporately, in court if necessary. I'm calling that number right now.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:28 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Glad I got a 1LT coupe.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
I'm with you there in spirit, VET4LES, but I'm not going to take any chances. I recently had my driver's seat (3LT w/airbag) pulled and reupholstered (genuine GM skins). I asked the guy to pay extra attention when reconnecting the yellow connector. He did, but five days later I got the dreaded dashboard light again. Whatever is causing this problem, I want GM to engineer a REAL fix for it. One they'll back up corporately, in court if necessary. I'm calling that number right now.
If they do recall the C6 I'm sure the fix will be the same as the Buick. They remove the yellow connector and solder the wires.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:51 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

There is a site where you can enter any GM Vin and get info on ANY recalls for any GM car. I just checked both my Cadillac and the Vette and there are no recalls on either one.
https://recalls.gm.com/#/

Get notified of new replies

To GM recall Cadillac & Impala for air bag. We can call NHTSA and talk to a live body.