C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Wiper blade problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:56 PM
oldnbald
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Wiper blade problem

New to Corvettes and this forum.
Washed my C6 for the first time this AM. When I was drying, I lifted the passenger side wiper blade too far away from the windshield, and this spring popped off. I tried to get it back on, but it is really, really STRONG. Will I have to buy a new wiper arm? Any help for this newbie would be appreciated. I realize there is a long thread about C6 wiper blades on this forum which I found through Google, but it did not address this particular subject.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:02 PM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

If you can remove the entire arm it will relax the spring. You then may be able to reinstall, but I suspect that something is either broken or bent.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
oldnbald
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weathermaker
If you can remove the entire arm it will relax the spring. You then may be able to reinstall, but I suspect that something is either broken or bent.
Thanks for your reply. You were right, finally got the spring back on but not enough tension against the windshield, so obviously something broken. Ordered a new arm. I will know to be more careful next time.

Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Wiper blade problem

Quick Reply: C6 Wiper blade problem