C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation System door opens by itself... wierd

Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
lorandolph
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation System door opens by itself... wierd

Hi gang, I've looked through the forums and haven't seen anything quite like this... sure could use some help...

The navigation system in my '09 ZO6 died with some weird error about the disc not being a navigation disk and after taking her to the dealer to be diagnosed they indicated I needed to have the radio replaced. Having nearly gagged at the cost of a new replacement I finally located a salvage unit from a 2005. On investigation I learned that even though the part number is different for every year since 2005 on - the navigation radios are identical. My guess is that they issue a different set of disks each year and change the part number to suit.

I took the radio and the beast back to the dealer and he installed and programmed it. The radio works perfectly as does the navigation system. HOWEVER... when I shut off the car, get out and walk away at least half the time the door on the face of the unit opens up when the car horn beeps to indicate the lock has set.

I suspect this has something to do with the memory function or may be some sort of a firmware update - no idea - however before I take the beast back to the dealer who will likely tell me that the radio is faulty and not actually check the problem... I'm wondering if any of you folks has run into this and knows what I need to do to fix it...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:31 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Try this, with the car running or in acc mode make sure the radio face is closed and turned off. If you have fob 1 with you push and hold the memory button 1 on the door until it beeps twice. If you have fob 2 with you push 2 on the door. Then if you have any exit setting to the seat or steering wheel put them in position and push the center exit button on the door. This way everything will be stored with the radio faced closed. I don't know if this will work but its worth a try.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation System door opens by itself... wierd