C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Side Markers that are flush?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:44 PM
coolhandsy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Side Markers that are flush?

Can anyone recommend some tinted LED side marker lights that mount flush (like the stock ones)? I saw in the for sale thread from corvettemods that theirs slightly stick out so I am exploring other options (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587895668)
Old 10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

All the ones that I have seen do not sit flush. I thought I saw somewhere where you could replace the stock bulb with some sort of LED? Then you could tint the stock markers. I had the ones from Corvette Mods for a bit, but switched them back to the stockers.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
coolhandsy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spdkilz911
All the ones that I have seen do not sit flush. I thought I saw somewhere where you could replace the stock bulb with some sort of LED? Then you could tint the stock markers. I had the ones from Corvette Mods for a bit, but switched them back to the stockers.
That is pretty much what my research has indicated so far. Did you switch them out because of them sticking out or some other reason? It is always hard to predict what will bother me about my car and what won't, and I don't want to buy them if I am just going to take them off eventually.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:38 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I got passed them not sitting flush. I could not keep condensation out of one of them. It was replaced twice. Corvette Mods replaced them with no problems. They said that they don't have problems with them, much less twice. Figured it was on my end and sent them back. Definitely not a knock on Corvette Mods. Their service is great.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 PM
coolhandsy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spdkilz911
I got passed them not sitting flush. I could not keep condensation out of one of them. It was replaced twice. Corvette Mods replaced them with no problems. They said that they don't have problems with them, much less twice. Figured it was on my end and sent them back. Definitely not a knock on Corvette Mods. Their service is great.
Awesome, thanks for your help. I actually noticed today my factory ones are sticking out a bit in the front anyway and since I clearly hadn't noticed up to now it must not be that big a deal.

Get notified of new replies

To LED Side Markers that are flush?

Quick Reply: LED Side Markers that are flush?