C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window and Door Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 02:13 PM
gacorvetteguy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window and Door Problem

I have a intermittent window and door problem on my 2006 Coupe. "Some" of the time my window will not go up the last 1/2 inch as it should. Then 5 or 6 minutes it will go up on it's own. Also, "some" of the time my driver's door will not open from the "inside". They both happen at the same time. When the window will not go up the last 1/2 inch, my driver's door will not open from the inside. What is kinda weird...I had the exact problem with my 2005 convertible, and it just stopped happening. Does anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it??? Thanks So Much!!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,015 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Might try to disconnect the battery for around 15 mins, reconnect it, then re-index the windows to see if it just a glitch in the system that hard resetting it will resolve.

To reindex the windows, push the window button to take the window all the way up and hold the button for 5 second, release it, then push it again for another 5 second per side.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:27 PM
gacorvetteguy
Cruising

Default Thanks.....

Originally Posted by Dano523
Might try to disconnect the battery for around 15 mins, reconnect it, then re-index the windows to see if it just a glitch in the system that hard resetting it will resolve.

To reindex the windows, push the window button to take the window all the way up and hold the button for 5 second, release it, then push it again for another 5 second per side.
Thanks...I'll try that.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523

You beat me too it Dano.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:02 PM
gacorvetteguy
Cruising

Default Thanks....

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
You beat me too it Dano.
Thanks, I tried that and it did not solve the problem.
any other ideas what might be making the door not open from inside?
Old 10-19-2014, 10:20 PM
AtomicZ_Eric
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 5 Posts

First thing to check is battery voltage. I assume it's ok if you can enter the car b/c it's an electronic latch. But if your battery cannot hold a charge then the electronics will appear to act strangely.

I believe there is a TSB for the window indexing problem. My dad had a problem with constantly indexing windows on his Z. Seems like the door handle switch (outer) can get dirty and the electrical contacts don't work well. Replacing is super cheap.

However, the fact that the door won't open? It really seems like a battery voltage issue where the ECU's turn off and quit responding. I believe locking is electronic... meaning there isn't a physical locking mechanism (that I'm aware of). And if you've owned this vehicle since 06, then of course you're aware of the lock / unlock process.

Have you ever changed the battery recently? Perhaps it's a bad switch in the door - unlock switch, door open switch, etc. Perhaps less likely a bad ECU?

Do you notice anything different between driver and passenger? Can you give a little more background? For example, operation when the vehicle is running vs when ignition is off?

Get notified of new replies

To Window and Door Problem

Quick Reply: Window and Door Problem